Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

What is the best case scenario (somewhat tethered to reality) at this point? Franklin, Jackson....Brunk and Beverly? I know we're getting an OV from Quinones too. 

Best Case?

Hurt, Brunk and a shooter...........

Who really knows.

Brunk
Watford
Lewis/Quiones/Beverly

Sounds like Brunk is very likely. It’s a toss up after that. I’m prepared to be underwhelmed and see what Archie can do with this roster.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What is the best case scenario (somewhat tethered to reality) at this point? Franklin, Jackson....Brunk and Beverly? I know we're getting an OV from Quinones too. 

If Archie is encouraging guys to leave it tells me he may be wanting to bring in guys that can help now. Brunk fits that even if he plays behind DD.

Not sure if Franklin can help right away, but if not hopefully we can finally bring in a strong grad transfer. I expect us to go that route for at least one more after Brunk

21 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

If Archie is encouraging guys to leave it tells me he may be wanting to bring in guys that can help now. Brunk fits that even if he plays behind DD.

Not sure if Franklin can help right away, but if not hopefully we can finally bring in a strong grad transfer. I expect us to go that route for at least one more after Brunk

Franklin, as a freshman, is a off the bench contributor. I do think he will get some game time and be in the rotation. Any more than that is placing too much expectations on a freshman. Especially one that projects to be a 4 year guy. 

We have a little ways to go before June 20th. After then is when you’ll see people committing, and grad transfers with their choice.

Franklin, as a freshman, is a off the bench contributor. I do think he will get some game time and be in the rotation. Any more than that is placing too much expectations on a freshman. Especially one that projects to be a 4 year guy. 

Hold up. We HOPE he is a off the bench contributor.

11 hours ago, 8bucks said:

I honestly think Brunk could play ahead of DD. I think Joey is a lot better than people realize.

I honestly think Brunk could play ahead of DD. I think Joey is a lot better than people realize.

I tend to agree but every year when new guys are coming in we tend to over hype them. But reading through some of the articles, it seems as if Brunk had some family matters off court that contributed to his slow start. He seems to have shown a lot of promise in some games which is encouraging.

If Deron can find a way to be like he was for the first 8-10 games preinjury then he was very strong. I am not expecting that either.

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think some forget just how good DD is. He is one of the most talented near the rim players in the bigten when healthy. There aren’t many defenders that can stop him on the block

I'd feel very good about Davis (healthy) and Brunk, 2 capable, legit big men. Was hoping that would allow Forrester to redshirt...guess he missed my memo about that. 

There is a reason why Brunk is leaving Butler--he not only wasn't starting any more but he wasn't getting the playing time he wanted.  My guess is if Brunk comes to IU, he will come off the bench behind Deron Davis but still get lots of playing time since Davis rarely goes more than 20 minutes a game even when fully healthy.  Then Brunk would start the next year after Davis graduates.

There is a reason why Brunk is leaving Butler--he not only wasn't starting any more but he wasn't getting the playing time he wanted.  My guess is if Brunk comes to IU, he will come off the bench behind Deron Davis but still get lots of playing time since Davis rarely goes more than 20 minutes a game even when fully healthy.  Then Brunk would start the next year after Davis graduates.

I think that makes sense. Regardless of who starts I see them splitting minutes at 20 a piece. Davis is the more polished offensive player but his health and motor are limiting

30 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Joey should have been starting over Fowler, not sure what Jordan's thinking was.

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think some forget just how good DD is. He is one of the most talented near the rim players in the bigten when healthy. There aren’t many defenders that can stop him on the block

Exactly.  If he could figure out how to drop 20 pounds in the offseason too, that could make him even more dangerous.

He's a huge piece to our success next year, and I really hope we don't see him end up in the transfer portal.

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

I'm saying that my HOPE is that he contributes at minimum off the bench but that much isn't guaranteed. I'm not dogging the kid whatsoever. 

Hope or expect it’s up to the kid. There are minutes available for him. If we add more pieces between now and the start of the season that can change. Right now I think he contributes off the bench as a freshman. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:08 AM, MikeRoberts said:

I really think DD could have the rare breakout senior year. This is the first offseason he's had that he has entered into it healthy which is HUGE for him. I know he said he's going home for a few weeks to get a bit of rest which I think is a good idea for him but I think when he gets back he's going to really be in the gym this offseason because he finally can be. I think we'll have plenty of minutes for Brunk but I fully expect De'Ron to be in the best shape of his life entering next season. I think he's going to have a huge year. I'm very bullish on both of our seniors, actually.