Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

5 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I agree and I don't mean to downplay the rest of the staff's importance.

There had just been some discussion early in the new regime's tenure that Schilling wasn't producing as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well oddly he definitely led the Romeo recruitment initially but then turned it over to Ostrom. 

Kinda looks like he might be the guy to set us up and the Archie and Ostrom knock them down. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Interesting Brooks isn't listed there considering Schillings history with the Brooks family. 

Yeah but he also has a history with the Watford family as well so who knows. 

Does someone have an impression of Indiana priorities after this first weekend? Assume it’s the four forwards plus dj Carton.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

TJD, Watford, Brooks, Hurt, Carton, Mann, Rhamsey all have scholarship offers were watched closely this weekend. Newman is close it sounds like too. 

Have we offered Newman?  If so, do we take Newman yet or are we waiting on the others first?

Okay, first eval period is finished. Let's recap a bit and I apologize for being scarce....
First, I'm going to look at team needs. 2019 IU:
Seniors: DeRon Davis; Devonte Green
Juniors: Justin Smith, Al Durham, Clifton Moore
Sophmores: Damezi Anderson, Robert Phinisee, Jerome Hunter, Race Thompson, Jake Forrester
The last unofficial addition in '18 won't impact scholly numbers... so IU is looking at 3-5 (2 potential transfers); so let's say they look to take four. 
It'll be a more complete story when we see what some of these guys develop into this year, but at the moment there appears to be a need/have potential openings at 1, 2, 4 and 5. A lot of these recruits overlap multiple positions, as the sport transitions.....
 I think the true wing is of less importance for Indiana unless you find yourself in a position with an elite talent or someone with potential to add to the class.
Now, Indiana has a great lot in the frontcourt. These guys are pretty obvious targets. TJD (4/5), Keion Brooks (4/3), Matthew Hurt (4), Trendon Watford (3/4). I'm fairly sure Indiana gets one of these targets and, with some luck, grabs another. Indiana is right there on at least 3 of the four.
I think Indiana will then focus on the 1/2. They have RP, true PG. It's yet to be determined where RP will be in his second year and what role he will be able to carry, but I can see a guy like Carton (1/2) or Beverly (1/2), Jahmius Ramsey (1/2), Tre Mann (1).
I love the focus by the staff. I'm sure I'll get some more names that emerged and, of course, you have the I. Stewart, Cockburn's etc of the world but I'd put those above targets as the most "in play" as things stand.
In addition, IU is still recruiting guys like Newman, Okoro, Hemmingway,and some I'm definitely missing..but does seem like these guys are more on the back burner until the others shake out

Nice analysis. Options aplenty. Tshiebwe is being recruited on that second tier list.

Whoever gets Cole Anthony is getting an absolutely stud of a guard. Don’t get me wrong, if we add 1 of Carton, Mann, Ramsey I’m plenty happy.

Top that off with 2 of Hurt, Watford, Brooks, TJD we have ourselves a legit blue blood type class that I’ve been wanting for years.

Side note-Justin Smith and Jerome Hunter are going to be great players. The future is looking so bright if it goes like we think it might.

Nice analysis. Options aplenty. Tshiebwe is being recruited on that second tier list.

Whoever gets Cole Anthony is getting an absolutely stud of a guard. Don’t get me wrong, if we add 1 of Carton, Mann, Ramsey I’m plenty happy.

Top that off with 2 of Hurt, Watford, Brooks, TJD we have ourselves a legit blue blood type class that I’ve been wanting for years.

Side note-Justin Smith and Jerome Hunter are going to be great players. The future is looking so bright if it goes like we think it might.

From talking to people in stands at Tshiebwe game Sunday, West Virginia is team to beat. Clearly the leader