Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

I don't think anything will change. Only think that will make them change is if they start to lose viewership. I'm getting older and I'll have less time to watch sports. I'd rather watch a sport that has at least some integrity to their game. The start of all this was when NOTHING happened to UNC after their academic scandal. Louisville, Kansas, Duke, UNC, LSU, and others should be banned from postseason play. 
It started many decades ago. It just got out of hand with the events you mention.

2 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:
5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:
I don't think anything will change. Only think that will make them change is if they start to lose viewership. I'm getting older and I'll have less time to watch sports. I'd rather watch a sport that has at least some integrity to their game. The start of all this was when NOTHING happened to UNC after their academic scandal. Louisville, Kansas, Duke, UNC, LSU, and others should be banned from postseason play. 

It started many decades ago. It just got out of hand with the events you mention.

The first big one I remember was Calipari and Rose. UNC was pretty bad. Then yes it got out of control. 

16 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

I know you are young, but Bob Knight complained back in the 70's. UCLA's run of championships was funded by Gilbert.

He hated UK with a passion too. I just think it's gotten worse! Out of hand. 

3 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:
6 minutes ago, goonaha said:
Kind of a snowflake move

If you say so, Tinkerbell.

Sorry, didn't realize jokes about former coaches who prided themselves on how tough they were were off limits. Tinkerbell though, nice reference. 

Indiana

2/22 on 2019 offers.

Bad optics no matter how you slice it. Terrible optics.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And as of right now it’s looking like we are just going to leave a few scholarships open. Dangerous considering how thin we were last year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Indiana

2/22 on 2019 offers.

Bad optics no matter how you slice it. Terrible optics.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I wonder how this compares with other schools in the conference. Anybody with time care to look this up?? It does look really bad though.

It’s also a very misleading stat. Jeremiah Francis? We barely recruited him. Jalen Lecque? Sure, we extended an offer but understood very quickly he was in it for the money. Brandon Newman? We had our pick of either him or Armaan, but we weren’t going to take both.

While I believed we should’ve landed one of Harris, Quinones, Carton, or Bouknight, 2/22 isn’t terrible when a “great” class could have simply been 3/22.

2/6 for recruits that made official visits

14 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

He hated UK with a passion too. I just think it's gotten worse! Out of hand. 

He could not stand Loudo Henson for the same reason. The coaches all know who’s cheating just look at the FBI transcripts. My God Creighton was involved in this cesspool. That’s all you need to hear the NCAA has lost all control. Everyone seems to have sources except IU and our compliance dept ratting us out for excessive mileage lol.