Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

30 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I thinking Trendon to Alabama now.

Jalen Wilson now on my wishlist. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm kind of thinking the same thing. Purely a gut feeling though. Kinda feel bad for the dude in a way. He's obviously a talented kid, but he seemed to be a plan b option for both Duke and even Memphis maybe? LSU is looking real suspect and was maybe not that serious about IU for whatever reason. If he picks Bama, hope it works out for him. Would still love to see him on our roster next year, but seriously doubt it at this point.

(sorry we're talking Trendon outside of his own thread)

I'm kind of thinking the same thing. Purely a gut feeling though. Kinda feel bad for the dude in a way. He's obviously a talented kid, but he seemed to be a plan b option for both Duke and even Memphis maybe? LSU is looking real suspect and was maybe not that serious about IU for whatever reason. If he picks Bama, hope it works out for him. Would still love to see him on our roster next year, but seriously doubt it at this point.
(sorry we're talking Trendon outside of his own thread)

I am sure this won’t be popular but I can’t say I do. For a top player to not be in control of his options that’s on him and his family. Beyond that his family went through a recruitment of a top 50 kid before. They should have handled this better imo. The possibility for how this played out was always there. Every school how it has played out was always a strong possibility. I just don’t feel he was in control of things like they assumed he would be for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree that Trendon Watford was holding out for a school like Duke. Many of the top 20 players want to be courted by Duke, Kentucky and Kansas and Watford never really was. He was almost surely going to Alabama and then Alabama had a year like Indiana and fired the coach. The situation is like Keion Brooks who would have signed with Indiana in the fall but then saw the school play poorly pushing him to Kentucky. When Alabama crashed, Watford was hoping for Duke but it didn't happen. All of his fallback choices--Memphis, LSU, and Indiana--had more arguments against than for. In the end, he will probably go to Alabama because that's the easiest of no great choices.

6 hours ago, Honkyman said:

I agree that Trendon Watford was holding out for a school like Duke. Many of the top 20 players want to be courted by Duke, Kentucky and Kansas and Watford never really was. He was almost surely going to Alabama and then Alabama had a year like Indiana and fired the coach. The situation is like Keion Brooks who would have signed with Indiana in the fall but then saw the school play poorly pushing him to Kentucky. When Alabama crashed, Watford was hoping for Duke but it didn't happen. All of his fallback choices--Memphis, LSU, and Indiana--had more arguments against than for. In the end, he will probably go to Alabama because that's the easiest of no great choices.

Yep, agree. Is it nuts to think that IU is still in it strictly by default? Like, best option just because the others he actually wanted didn't pan out? I don't think he's actually coming here at all, but man, logically with his options... why not? Guess that's just the IU homer in me.

Jalen Wilson visiting Kansas and trying to set something up with UNC.

Whatever UNC is selling/giving is working.

I guess the scare by the NCAA has worn off and they are back to being premiere cheaters!

Sweet!

Just when we thought the FBI sting would level the playing field, it has only widened the chasm.

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I guess the scare by the NCAA has worn off and they are back to being premiere cheaters!

Sweet!

Just when we thought the FBI sting would level the playing field, it has only widened the chasm.

The FBI sting took down a shoe guy and some runners. Coaches skated, schools skated. Time to get with the times or get left in the dust. If Adidas isn’t going to do it for IU, then switch to Nike. They seem to be at a higher level anyway. 

It's announcement day for a top level recruit with us being mentioned as one of the two finalists and I have almost no interest (apparently same goes for many others on this board).  Don't get me wrong, I'd really love to add Trendon to the roster but our perceived outsider status and the ridiculously long decision process leaves me numb.

I can see why Mr. & Mrs. Watford want their son to play closer to home, so they can travel much easier but choosing LSU would be a real disappointment in Trendon and his family.

1 hour ago, pumpfake said:

It's announcement day for a top level recruit with us being mentioned as one of the two finalists and I have almost no interest (apparently same goes for many others on this board).  Don't get me wrong, I'd really love to add Trendon to the roster but our perceived outsider status and the ridiculously long decision process leaves me numb.

I can see why Mr. & Mrs. Watford want their son to play closer to home, so they can travel much easier but choosing LSU would be a real disappointment in Trendon and his family.

Two finalists? Hadn’t heard that. Still think 0 chance. 

21 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sweet!

Kansas really needs this kid. They have struck out on some big names like us. Don't be surprised if Adidas comes to the rescue and packages him and Hampton to Kansas. Will Wade gets back on the money saddle and reigns in Watford today. Let the widespread cheating continue!

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm with pumpfake.  I've become very jaundiced over what a Barnum & Bailey circus recruiting has turned into.  Here's my top 100; here's my top 99; here's my top 98, etc.  That atmosphere plus the stench the FBI investigation confirmed exists, Hooker U, University of No Classes and the list goes on and the Great Oz (NCAA) just buries its head further into the sand.  Bah Humbug on the whole process.  

I know I sound old as well, but this all started with LeBron’s televised special to announce which organization had the honor of paying him hundreds of millions of dollars.

2 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Kansas really needs this kid. They have struck out on some big names like us. Don't be surprised if Adidas comes to the rescue and packages him and Hampton to Kansas. Will Wade gets back on the money saddle and reigns in Watford today. Let the widespread cheating continue!

You are so right. As much as I love college basketball I am almost done. Right now the sport is 2nd to the NFL (which by no means is perfect either). I love March Madness but it's about to fall into the tier with the MLB and NBA. I love IU basketball and everything it stands for. But I am over the cheating. The NCAA is corrupt. This program had to rebuild over stupid texts. Look at what all of these other programs are doing. Some are actually committing crimes. I thought a year and a half ago this was the best thing for college basketball. Turns out, it was the worst thing. There is no reason Will Wade should still have a job at LSU. Same with Sean Miller, Roy Williams, Bill Self, and Coach K. I get hanging out in the grey area but they are well past that. 

4 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

This is not over with. We have to see if the NCAA has any balls at all, or are just to continue as a ***** cat.

*(Sorry in advance for TMI)*

I have more balls than them and I lost one at age 21.

Thank God I was born with three...

7 hours ago, biteoftheapple said:

This is not over with. We have to see if the NCAA has any balls at all, or are just to continue as a ***** cat.

I don't think anything will change. Only think that will make them change is if they start to lose viewership. I'm getting older and I'll have less time to watch sports. I'd rather watch a sport that has at least some integrity to their game. The start of all this was when NOTHING happened to UNC after their academic scandal. Louisville, Kansas, Duke, UNC, LSU, and others should be banned from postseason play.