Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

I don't want anyone violating any paywalls but a word or two on IU's interest would be welcome.

Jeff Rabjohns @JeffRabjohns

Indianapolis Ben Davis 2019 shooting guard Jalen Windham has seen his recruitment soar, including Indiana interest. He updates where things stand, visits he'd like to take, his thoughts on IU and others.

I don't want anyone violating any paywalls but a word or two on IU's interest would be welcome.
Jeff Rabjohns‏ @JeffRabjohns

Indianapolis Ben Davis 2019 shooting guard Jalen Windham has seen his recruitment soar, including Indiana interest. He updates where things stand, visits he'd like to take, his thoughts on IU and others.

6 hours later I guess the answer is a no

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 4/6/2019 at 12:06 PM, Aeggie said:

I really think DD could have the rare breakout senior year. This is the first offseason he's had that he has entered into it healthy which is HUGE for him. I know he said he's going home for a few weeks to get a bit of rest which I think is a good idea for him but I think when he gets back he's going to really be in the gym this offseason because he finally can be. I think we'll have plenty of minutes for Brunk but I fully expect De'Ron to be in the best shape of his life entering next season. I think he's going to have a huge year. I'm very bullish on both of our seniors, actually.

I'm really hoping and thinking you are right. DD ability to score and pass out of the low post will be sorely needed next year. I'm just hoping that we have the shooters and slashers to punish the opposition. Deron always seems to maintain a positive attitude. Considering all the health issues he's had the last few years he seems due for some good fortune. 

Derrik Smits...can play face up or back to..rebounds and has mid-range shot

may go pro but he says he prefers to transfer  7' 2"

With DD, forces in the middle

I would like to have smits and Brunk. Would fill a much needed position

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BigJoe said:

I thought I read where he wanted to go out west to play closer to where his dad lives. 

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Purely information - Jeff Borzello's rankings of the top college basketball transfer rankings for 2019-20 and 2020-21.  In the immediately eligible category he ranks Joey Brunk 14th and Daniel Utomi 22nd out of 50 names.  Other names in this category with State of Indiana connections include Camron Justice (IUPUI) 16th and Derrick Smits 25th.   He has a separate list of 50 names who will have to sit one.  Interestingly, neither Jake nor Clifton make this top 50 list.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26530279/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2019-20-2020-21

Favorite list of the bunch: the Jenkins kid from South Dakota St, and who is from Tacoma,  Washington,  has a final 6 of 5 west coast schools.........and Memphis. Yeah, nothing sketchy going on at Memphis. 

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Purely information - Jeff Borzello's rankings of the top college basketball transfer rankings for 2019-20 and 2020-21.  In the immediately eligible category he ranks Joey Brunk 14th and Daniel Utomi 22nd out of 50 names.  Other names in this category with State of Indiana connections include Camron Justice (IUPUI) 16th and Derrick Smits 25th.   He has a separate list of 50 names who will have to sit one.  Interestingly, neither Jake nor Clifton make this top 50 list.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26530279/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2019-20-2020-21

Id take those Hauser kids.

So with 700+ kids in the transfer portal that’s roughly 1/5 of returning players transferring. 

Thats assuming all 353 schools use all scholarships(they don’t) 

So with 10 guys who weren’t going pro or graduating 2 transfers puts us right where you would expect. 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

So with 700+ kids in the transfer portal that’s roughly 1/5 of returning players transferring. 

Thats assuming all 353 schools use all scholarships(they don’t) 

So with 10 guys who weren’t going pro or graduating 2 transfers puts us right where you would expect. 

It's certainly a lot....although not all players in the transfer portal will end up transferring.  A lot of kids when there is a coaching change put them name in the portal.

I think it would be interesting to check this with the transfer rates of students in general as well as the number of coaches who do not return to their old jobs.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Final 2019 ESPN 100 Rankings

#18 Watford

#26 TJD

#75 Anthony Harris

#79 Quinones

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings

Lamelo Ball is such a waste of a spot. They need to update their 2020 and 2021 rankings. Lander not in their rankings is a joke. 

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Final 2019 ESPN 100 Rankings

#18 Watford

#26 TJD

#75 Anthony Harris

#79 Quinones

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings

That OSU 2019 class is scary. Three players in the 30-40 range. Quite a foundation to build on the next four years.