Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

10 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Looks like grad transfers are becoming just as competitive as 5 star recruits.

The obvious is they've had multiple years of far more competitive basketball than what most freshmen face in their high school careers.  Also, they've dealt with the transition from being the high school star to a role player, dealt with the higher intensity of coaching, learned to balance basketball with their studies and learned to balance their basketball life with their college social life.  MATURITY!

The rankings are reliable, but as the class becomes upperclassmen player development and a lot of the unmeasurables help even the playing field. Rankings just say, in high school, this kid was ranked X mostly based on past performance.

You can find good players ranked poorly, but it’s on the coach to develop them into that contributing player like the ones we see in this year’s Final Four.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 hours ago, Geometry Hoosier said:
The projected number two pick in this years draft was an unranked 2star coming out of high school.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Find it kind of funny that Darius Garland is being projected one higher than Romeo and didn’t even play this year. Kind of makes playing in college seem meaningless for these top recruits.

Find it kind of funny that Darius Garland is being projected one higher than Romeo and didn’t even play this year. Kind of makes playing in college seem meaningless for these top recruits.

He played. Not much at all but he did play.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Lots of discussion regarding player rankings coming out of high school and today this from Rick Bozich.  His lead sentences:  "This is the Final Four that will make you wonder why you obsess over recruiting rankings.  My dog Ruby could have done a better job guessing on the evaluation on many guys who will play in Minneapolis this weekend."

Recruiting gurus whiffed on this Final Four

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/bozich-recruiting-gurus-whiffed-on-this-final-four/article_00d25da6-5548-11e9-b941-87d16de55b01.html

Just joined in.

Here are 4 names I am watching. 

Recruits: 

Trenton Watford 5*. #14.  6’ 9” SF                              Matthew Hurt      5*  #  8   6’ 9” PF                   

Tranfers :                                                           Joey Brunk            4*           6’ 11” C               Bryce Moore         4*?          6’  2” SG             Both of these transfers are from Indiana and Bryce is a lock down defender who scored 9.8 points a game and was a good 3 point shooter for Butler 2 yrs ago. He was injured last year and didn’t play.  

Lew IU

Just joined in.
Here are 4 names I am watching. 
Recruits: 
Trenton Watford 5*. #14.  6’ 9” SF                              Matthew Hurt      5*  #  8   6’ 9” PF                   
Tranfers :                                                           Joey Brunk            4*           6’ 11” C               Bryce Moore         4*?          6’  2” SG             Both of these transfers are from Indiana and Bryce is a lock down defender who scored 9.8 points a game and was a good 3 point shooter for Butler 2 yrs ago. He was injured last year and didn’t play.  
Lew IU

Why are you watching Hurt he’s not even considering IU. Moore never played at Butler he went to Western Michigan.

With Juwan and Fitz graduating, along with Moore, Romeo (expected), and now Forrester leaving, Archie really needs to put together an important class here. I would like to see one or two grad transfers if possible in this glass to help out from being such a young team again.

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

With Juwan and Fitz graduating, along with Moore, Romeo (expected), and now Forrester leaving, Archie really needs to put together an important class here. I would like to see one or two grad transfers if possible in this glass to help out from being such a young team again. 

Also with the health issues of Thompson and Hunter there is a LOT of playing time available for next year and there still could be a couple more defections.

Well, we have 3 open spots to fill with the departures of Jake, Clifton, and Romeo. Would think that Brunk and possibly Lester Q are good possibilities for 2 of them.

Will be very interesting to see what else happens with what’s open.