Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

15 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Akron Grad transfer Daniel Utomi tells IU has reached out & he is gonna get a Final list together this week. He is very interested in IU.

Listed at 6'6" 215 lbs.  Akron stats at: 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/daniel-utomi-1.html

17 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Jeff Goodman has reported that Anthony Duruji from Louisiana Tech has IU interest as well. He is a sit out transfer. He can shoot & is a exceptional athlete.

Listed at 6'7" 215 lbs.  Career stats at:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/anthony-duruji-1.html

Listed at 6'6" 215 lbs.  Akron stats at: 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/daniel-utomi-1.html

Virginia, UNC, Xavier, Nevada, Iowa have reached out to Utomi as well...just watched highlights of this kid. 6’6” 215 “forward” that has a really nice stroke from deep. Sign me up!!! This kid could become a HUGE addition!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Virginia, UNC, Xavier, Nevada, Iowa have reached out to Utomi as well...just watched highlights of this kid. 6’6” 215 “forward” that has a really nice stroke from deep. Sign me up!!! This kid could become a HUGE addition!

He told me some of his top schools he likes are Nevada, Michigan, UVA, UNC and Kansas. IU is in there, but they will have stiff competition. Rayjon Tucker is UNC's first choice & Kansas is involved with a few guys as well. Utomi isn't in a hurry at all it sounds like. I'm gonna wait for his top schools to be announced before I get to serious about him & IU.

21 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

If the staff thinks he can help then who cares.
Do you think Bennett gave a crap that when Kihei Clark decommitted from UC-Davis that Virginia fans were mad when he offered a 5’9 393 ranked kid? Probably not he thought he could help his program win. Worked out pretty nicely for Bennett since Clark make the biggest play in recent Virginia basketball history. Not bad for a 5’9 393 ranked freshman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ah, this old argument.  I suppose all of our 3 stars have turned out like Victor Oladipo and OG Anunoby too.

If you want to find evidence of a low-ranked kid making a big impact, I'm sure you'll find plenty of examples to support your case.  But I can find twice as many players who were ranked right around where Kihei Clark was that never made any sort of impact at the high major level. 

I know it's fun to sh1t all over rankings, but face it, they are right more often than not.

35 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Ah, this old argument.  I suppose all of our 3 stars have turned out like Victor Oladipo and OG Anunoby too.

If you want to find evidence of a low-ranked kid making a big impact, I'm sure you'll find plenty of examples to support your case.  But I can find twice as many players who were ranked right around where Kihei Clark was that never made any sort of impact at the high major level. 

I know it's fun to sh1t all over rankings, but face it, they are right more often than not.

I agree.

Maybe we should pull TJD’s offer and go after Evansville Bosse’s back-up center...LOL

Very true. Usually why kentucky and Duke win 30 games plus each year. Crean was probably about 2 for 10 of his diamonds in the rough or worse.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I agree.

Maybe we should pull TJD’s offer and go after Evansville Bosse’s back-up center...LOL

Obviously we would prefer high rated recruits.....but there aren't many left out there for 2019 and assuming just Romeo is the final player that leaves, we have two schollys open.  

Looks like grad transfers are becoming just as competitive as 5 star recruits.

As one season loaners and much better understood talents, you could argue they’re more valuable in some situations.

Ranking does not matter nearly as much as getting the kids you target. Franklin for example looks to be a good pick up and even though his ranking is lower he was someone that the staff targeted and went after. Same with Rob.

Many of the 2019 kids were have been talking about the last couple of days were not kids we targeted but kids we are going after now that targeted kids have said no. It is harder to get excited about them or feel their rankings don’t matter

Hopefully we can pick up the grad transfers we target - our first choices.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners