Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

14 hours ago, Feathery said:

Once again. Snow doesn’t hate IU, he disliked Crean. He is on good terms with both Miller brothers. He used to watch film with Sean Miller when he coached Xavier. 

But you have to remember he is a OSU grad and will always favor them over IU

Looks like the staff (Schilling in particular) has reached with some interest to recent Georgia State decomit Jalen Windham of Ben Davis. Opened up his recruitment after Ron Hunter left for Tulane.

Shot 36% from 3 last year.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/03/31/indiana-basketball-recruiting-new-interest-jake-laravia-and-jalen-windham-iu-purdue/3328205002/

26 minutes ago, Kepner said:

Looks like the staff (Schilling in particular) has reached with some interest to recent Georgia State decomit Jalen Windham of Ben Davis. Opened up his recruitment after Ron Hunter left for Tulane.

Shot 36% from 3 last year.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/03/31/indiana-basketball-recruiting-new-interest-jake-laravia-and-jalen-windham-iu-purdue/3328205002/

Hopefully we can fight off Tulane, Georgia State, and Kent State here.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Hopefully we can fight off Tulane, Georgia State, and Kent State here.

giphy.gif

I’m more worried about Middle Tennessee State and IUPUI. 

In fairness we should not judge by the other schools involved. Don’t forget that we had to beat out Incarnate Word to land one of the most popular IU players in the last 10 years.

20 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Agreed. In one word IU fans want fighters and shooters not dependent on their ranking, then now people want to dismiss this kid because he isn’t good enough. Not bashing or poking at the posters here, but just saying IU fans right now are similar to the basketball team, up and down not knowing what’s going to happen every day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I couldn’t have said it better. I’ve seen this happen with too many IU fans everyone from message boards to social media. They want tough nosed, hard working players over 5 Star one and domes but then nit pick about where recruits are ranked 

If the staff thinks he can help then who cares.
Do you think Bennett gave a crap that when Kihei Clark decommitted from UC-Davis that Virginia fans were mad when he offered a 5’9 393 ranked kid? Probably not he thought he could help his program win. Worked out pretty nicely for Bennett since Clark make the biggest play in recent Virginia basketball history. Not bad for a 5’9 393 ranked freshman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
As long as he can come in and have a good year one impact go get him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Windham has a better jumper than just about anyone IU has on their team. He also played in the MIC going up against D1 players almost every night. Not to mention he went against Aaron Henry in practice everyday for 3 years. Sign him up and don’t look back.

4 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This kid ain’t Tim Priller, everyone relax.

In my case the Priller reference was more of a joke, rather than thinking this kid is Priller,  as I still can’t believe we signed a player that only had an offer from Incarnate Word. That was just unbelievable. 

9 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

If the staff thinks he can help then who cares.
Do you think Bennett gave a crap that when Kihei Clark decommitted from UC-Davis that Virginia fans were mad when he offered a 5’9 393 ranked kid? Probably not he thought he could help his program win. Worked out pretty nicely for Bennett since Clark make the biggest play in recent Virginia basketball history. Not bad for a 5’9 393 ranked freshman

To be fair Bennett has proven himself as an evaluator of talent at this level.