Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

If Ibrahima Diallo commits there, they wont be able to take him.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Diallo is down to OSU and Pitt, and he is scheduled to commit to one of them any day now.

OSU seems to need a 5 more than a wing, and IMO IUBB most certainly needs a wing/4 more than a 5.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Diallo is down to OSU and Pitt, and he is scheduled to commit to one of them any day now.

OSU seems to need a 5 more than a wing, and IMO IUBB most certainly needs a wing more than a 5.

Idk if we want to play TJD as a 4 I think we almost certainly need a 5 more. Depends on plans for TJD 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Idk if we want to play TJD as a 4 I think we almost certainly need a 5 more. Depends on plans for TJD 

I should be clearer - we have plenty of options for a defensive 5: DeRon, TJD, Race when the opposing 5 isn't especially long, maybe Brunk, maybe Jake progresses and gains 15 lbs.

As for wings/outside shooting 3/4s? We lose Romeo and McBob (I know McBob didn't shoot well, but that was his position) we have Jerome Hunter (I hope) and that's about it, unless you consider Al D a 3.

OSU seems to need a 5 more than a wing, and IMO IUBB most certainly needs a wing/4 more than a 5.

So Stuhoo, I’m hearing a transfer is already in place/done deal...... Don’t have a name though. I’m just going to keep pestering you until it comes out (not really, just like messing with some of you). I’m assuming it’s Brunk. However, I see a scholarship player transferring after this season so we get another wing/shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've been on Brunk for months but it's not a done deal. Don't let anyone tell you that. I like our chances but not a done  deal

It was a couple pretty plugged in guys, but they didn’t know who, just said a transfer was a done deal already. I’m just bringing it up to more so mess with Stuhoo. :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I definitely feel like there are some things going on behind the scenes that just haven’t been made public yet because our season is still going on. Also Brunk still hasn’t announced he’s transferring even though there is a lot of smoke with that one. There could possibly be another transfer that the staff has locked up that hasn’t came out yet. Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don’t really share the Brunk love. Personally, I would prioritize a non-floor stretching, non-shot blocking extra big far behind another wing scorer and a 2nd PG. But since Archie’s is the only vision that matters. if he wants the kid, by all means go get him. 2 other things: 1) How is it possible for a 6’11” interior big to have 9 blocked shots in almost 800 minutes of college basketball? Luka Garza, who is completely landlocked, had 17 this year in basically that many minutes. 2) Total aside, but Desmond Bane really needs to go ahead and transfer to Bloomington for his Sr year. Talk about a perfect fit, and that kid is just a rock solid player. Oh well, a fan can dream 

I definitely feel like there are some things going on behind the scenes that just haven’t been made public yet because our season is still going on. Also Brunk still hasn’t announced he’s transferring even though there is a lot of smoke with that one. There could possibly be another transfer that the staff has locked up that hasn’t came out yet. Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Are there any thoughts on possible transfers from IU? How many spots do we expect to have? I know at one point many expected Green and Smith gone, but that looks more unlikely now, at least for Green. Some of his recent quotes make it seem like he's pretty committed to the team. Moore maybe based on playing time. Is it all just speculation at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t really share the Brunk love. Personally, I would prioritize a non-floor stretching, non-shot blocking extra big far behind another wing scorer and a 2nd PG. But since Archie’s is the only vision that matters. if he wants the kid, by all means go get him. 2 other things: 1) How is it possible for a 6’11” interior big to have 9 blocked shots in almost 800 minutes of college basketball? Luka Garza, who is completely landlocked, had 17 this year in basically that many minutes. 2) Total aside, but Desmond Bane really needs to go ahead and transfer to Bloomington for his Sr year. Talk about a perfect fit, and that kid is just a rock solid player. Oh well, a fan can dream 

I'd take a big, but I think we need a shooting wing more than anything else, and it's not close. Unless Al and Rob take huge steps up next year, which is certainly possible, we will have 1 above average 3 point shooter. The only team that can win consistently with that lineup also has Zion Williamson.

Between Deron, TJD, Race, and Smith, I don't think we will get pushed around next year. Green and Al are also pretty good guard rebounders. Obviously we will take good players anywhere, but we desperately need shooting. We watched games last year and talked about how great it would be once we had actual shooters to knock down the many wide open 3s. We thought Romeo was the answer, but that was not his skill set. Archie needs to find a guy that can stretch the D that the defense will respect

19 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I'd take a big, but I think we need a shooting wing more than anything else, and it's not close. Unless Al and Rob take huge steps up next year, which is certainly possible, we will have 1 above average 3 point shooter. The only team that can win consistently with that lineup also has Zion Williamson.

Between Deron, TJD, Race, and Smith, I don't think we will get pushed around next year. Green and Al are also pretty good guard rebounders. Obviously we will take good players anywhere, but we desperately need shooting. We watched games last year and talked about how great it would be once we had actual shooters to knock down the many wide open 3s. We thought Romeo was the answer, but that was not his skill set. Archie needs to find a guy that can stretch the D that the defense will respect

DG the above average shooter you speak of?