Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

59 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

He’d have to sit out a year right? 

Yes he have to sit out but he’d have three years remaining of eligibility. He had a really weird recruitment from my memory. Lots of the bigger are schools were in on him until his senior year. He put up some good numbers as a freshman but I’m not sure if and how it would translate 

45 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

It would've been nice to get him and Aaron Henry last year.

Instead we got Anderson who cant get off the bench and Hunter who apparently has serious health issues.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Hey, Damezi got off the bench, poor kid just can't hit shot to save his life.

It would've been nice to get him and Aaron Henry last year.

Instead we got Anderson who cant get off the bench and Hunter who apparently has serious health issues.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

You’ve made your point. Get over it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

20 hours ago, Kepner said:

Getting back to 2019 recruiting, I saw today that Lawrence Central’s Jake LaRavia has reopened his commitment. 6-8 and from what I read from Matt Glendale from the Star he can shoot and handle it. I’m his article he called him the most complete offensive player in the state of Indiana this last season. Curious to see if the staff will reach out. Anyone here seen him play?

Looks like the kinda kid that goes to Wisconsin and has a stellar career.

Highlights of Uotimi a transfer from Akron.

He was coached by John Groce though. Whether he is Power 5 type, I'm not sure.

[/url]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He was definitely “on” that game. Curious as to his season % though.

Edit: 6-6 forward

~40% FG

~37% 3FG

2 minutes ago, Kepner said:

There are probably others on here that have a better knowledge and closer sources but the secondary source that I am close with says that the staff are going to be interested and looking at Easley as a transfer.

Not making any judgment whatsoever on Easley only that he and others like him are of no benefit to us next season because they'll have to sit out a year.  For help next season from a transfer it will have to be a grad transfer or a kid who sat out this year for some reason.

Help me.  Kid decommits from SIU-Edwardsville and all of a sudden he's capable of being a contributor at Indiana, but Luke Brown, who averages 35 points a game, can shoot the lights out, and has big time D1 interest isn't someone we should go after because he's got some limitations as a sophomore.
I'm not saying either are right or wrong, but I do laugh at the logic and reactions.
I mean i guess we can go after him but i thought we needed immediate help? An SIU is suddenly ready for the big ten?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I wasn't aiming any comment at you.  More smiling at the mentality that seems to say year after year that kids are magically ready to be Big Ten players simply because they become available.  If they can breathe, they're a target.  "Best offensive player in Marion County" and comments like that make me smile... 
Cathedral is in Marion County, and I can promise you Arman Franklin is worlds better offensively than LaRavia.   Ahmoni Jones from Pike put up 32 and 10 head to head AGAINST LaRavia this season and just killed him.  I'm just saying I can see the legend brewing because he's available.   
Remember Mike "Kong" White who was going to come here and dominate the paint in the Big Ten?   That started with a highlight video.
Like priller and april!!!

I mean i guess we can go after him but i thought we needed immediate help? An SIU is suddenly ready for the big ten?

I don’t think that anyone has said IU should recruit Laravia. People have just mentioned he played well at Lawrence Central and just recommitted from his school.

Apparently Ostrom is checking out Ben Roderick tonight. He’s a 6’5 wing from Ohio that’s been killing it in his senior year. Doesn’t have a high major offer but OSU and Xavier have been recruiting him. 

Just looked him up. Article had a quote of him saying he has always dreamed of playing at Ohio State so if they end up offering we won’t need to waste our time

2 hours ago, sweetpain said:

Ben goes to my son's school, lost tonight to St. Vincent St. Mary's, LeBron's old school. Has had a very good senior season after ACL injury last year kept him out of AAU last summer. He does want to play for OSU, and holtman has been to his games. 6'5 wing, has had games he can't miss but isn't pure shooter, streaky. Had a 51 point game in Florida around Xmas. He's a good kid too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Thanks for the info. How did he play tonight?