Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

2 hours ago, Maedhros said:

I disagree. We offered Damezi a full month before Henry received his offer, Jerome and Race were offered even before that. Offers aren't given randomly. For better or worse, the staff made a decision on who to target and who to make a priority; they chose Damezi over Aaron Henry.

Excuse me, I was going by what another poster said on the 2 weeks. And really, I thought we just threw offers out there and hope they stuck somewhere.

Just now, ebridges24 said:

Excuse me, I was going by what another poster said on the 2 weeks. And really, I thought we just threw offers out there and hope they stuck somewhere.

Nah, that's only what happened with offers under the previous guy.  :D

We have no recruiting momentum right now. We need to win and win some more before we probably start snagging out of state prospects anytime soon.
We probably end up with some grad transfers or jucos.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can you back up this statement? How is B2B Mr. Basketball winners not recruiting momentum? Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Whoops I messed that up. I forget the name but Bucknell has a 6’9” grad transfer who led them in points and rebounds

He's also a Pennsylvania guy (north to NW PA), so at least an in there. Big jump in production, too, but his team tied for Conference championship so wasn't playing on a down team.

Comparable 3PT numbers to Fitzner before he came here.

52 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

Henry had every chance to commit first and waited too long. Besides, it was really Hunter who we took over him not Anderson. 

What? Aaron Henry wasn't offered until July 16, 2017. Later that very same evening Race Thompson committed. The following afternoon Jerome Hunter and Damezi Anderson committed. Henry's offer wasn't even 24 hours old. The kid barely had time to sleep on it before three forwards who had each held offers for over a month decided to jump aboard.

There are many reasons why the Big Ten doesn’t land as many 5* recruits as other conferences. Part of that isn’t playing the games other conferences play, who in the ACC hasn’t been brought up in some kind of scandal recently? Maybe Notre Dame.

The other is the style of play. I don’t see many other conferences allowing their bigs to just bump a driver off his line and calling it “good defense” or getting absolutely blown up at the rim just to have it ignored or a charge called.

I think the powers that be (long tenure coaches) like it this way because they can recruit more to that system and style of officiating.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Its great for the Wisconsins of the world. The only teams getting five stars are indiana, Ohio State, Mich State, and Michigan has gotten a few.

The big ten has also only won one national title since 1989 and 0 in 18 years so i guess its not just IU.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Who on our 2019 list do we have a real shot at landing now that Keion decided to go another way?
I don’t see us with any big fish for 2019.

TJD

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

What? Aaron Henry wasn't offered until July 16, 2017. Later that very same evening Race Thompson committed. The following afternoon Jerome Hunter and Damezi Anderson committed. Henry's offer wasn't even 24 hours old. The kid barely had time to sleep on it before three forwards who had each held offers for over a month decided to jump aboard.

Henry wasn't officially offered until the 16th but he was being recruited well before then and he had the opportunity to commit when he was offered.  Regardless, Archie prioritized Hunter, who was and is by all reports far more talented if he had not had a health issue, over Henry. Anderson had nothing to do with Henry and even if he had, both then and now, we need/ed a rugged three point  shooter more than and undersized post.  

Who on our 2019 list do we have a real shot at landing now that Keion decided to go another way?
I don’t see us with any big fish for 2019.

We already landed 5* McDAA Indiana Mr. Basketball Trayce Jackson-Davis. That’s a big fish.

Will, Vic, JuMo, RoJo, Troy, TB, OG.  Out-of-state is basically all we got after Yogi's class and many complained that we weren't recruiting Indiana kids.  Now we land several Indiana kids and we're not attractive to out-of-state recruits.  Oh wait, Jerome is from Ohio.    God, I love this board.
Oops!  Forgot Race is from Minnesota.  

I was going to type this, but I’m barely conscious after smashing my head into the wall repeatedly.

Getting back to 2019 recruiting, I saw today that Lawrence Central’s Jake LaRavia has reopened his commitment. 6-8 and from what I read from Matt Glendale from the Star he can shoot and handle it. I’m his article he called him the most complete offensive player in the state of Indiana this last season. Curious to see if the staff will reach out. Anyone here seen him play?