Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

He got that from Snows report. Since this season isn’t over no names specifically will be named yet

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Really looking forward to the grad transfer market. I’ve read similar things. Rabjohns has given hints that there will be a few very familiar names pop up. I believe we’ll get an impact guy through this route

28 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Last night after the Brooks announcement, one of the many twitter accounts I follow tweeted that there would be familiar names to IU fans becoming available on the transfer market.   No specific names, just that message.   I've tried to go back and find the source of the tweet but can't.  Because I don't follow just any Joe Doe, I know the source would be a recognizable name to this board and have credibility.

Grad transfer or normal transfer?

39 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

We lost out on so many recruits 3-4 years ago it could be about 1,000 different players.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I was trying to think of names but your post is 100% spot on. Too many names to remember 

There will be quite a few names that IU will have a shot to get in with over the next month or two. Some will be completely random, but I have heard some big names. I tweeted out the other day with no names & had several DM's linking guys like Desmond Bane, Josh Jefferson who went to New Albany & plays at Illinois State, Kris Wilkes which is doubtful as is Kyle Guy who IU fans keep hoping for & a few others. I'll do more digging.

Sean McNeil is likely to have a long list to start from & with no offer yet I dont know if it would even go anywhere.

Harlond Beverly is the most likely of our current targets. Lester Quinones seems to really be enjoying his Memphis visit. Tre Mitchell just cut to 6 & Umass looks good there.

As every other year with coaching changes there will be some guys to hit the market. Texas A&M has been linked to Buzz Williams. UCLA will poach someone which will open up another power 5 spot most likely.

I expect a grad guy but if we grab more than one transfer I'd say it'd be a sit out or special circumstance kind of thing.

Me personally, I thought he was overrated. Never cared for his game

Kid played well at TCU. 12 points and 5 assists and then got hurt. I’d love to see him here, I think he could be another scoring option and another guard I’d trust bringing the ball up. Plus if he only has 1-2 years of eligibility it doesn’t throw the class balance off.

13 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Jaylen Fisher is a kid I'd love for us to snag but I'm not sure if his interest was more IU dedicated or Crean and staff dedicated. Also not sure how he's doing in his recovery from his latest injury.

I saw where he had 6 surgeries in 3 years. Coach Dixon seemed supportive of JL's decision to leave and suggested he drop down a level should he want to continue to play ball. If he needs to drop down a level, that's not what IU needs.