Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

I have watched him play 40+ games. His shooting skills especially from deep are exceptional. Court vision is also very good. Always seems to make the right plays. I question his defense and lateral foot quickness. I put him in a 'Diamond' class. He is and has been a proven winner. He was coached by a Indiana HOF coach. I just wonder what his ceiling for development is. If he was a true D1 major recruit, he would've gotten an offer. Lord knows that he was seen countless times by coaches with all the Romeo attention. He never got to play a true point all of the time before this season because Romeo handled the ball so much. Most down here think that he is a sleeper and given the opportunity, would be a smart pick up and would benefit whomever gets him. Another question I have though... how much he benefited from Romeo being double/triple teamed.

13 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

FWIW, an article on Sean East, Romeo's teammate at New Albany now playing at prep school Combine Academy of Charlotte.

http://www.hoosierhillshoops.com/2019/03/10/new-albany-product-sean-east-finding-success-on-prep-school-circuit/

Couple of extracted paragraphs -

Some of East’s biggest performances at Combine have come against top-tier competition, including versus Hargrave Military (33 points, 11 assists, eight rebounds), State College of Florida (24 points, seven assists, four steals) and IMG Academy (21 points, five assists, four rebounds) .

East, who is averaging 22.2 points, 8.7 assists, 5.0 rebounds and 2.6 steals per game, has recently heard from a number of Division I programs, including Butler, Chattanooga, Creighton, Evansville, Incarnate Word, Niagara, Southeast Missouri, Towson and others.

Incarnate Word? Where have I heard that name before???

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Tre Mitchell
Harlond Beverly
Lester Quinones
Trendon Watford

Highest on wishlist

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have the same order. Mitchell for roster construction. I like Beverly better than Quinones.

Tre Mitchell
Harlond Beverly
Lester Quinones
Trendon Watford

Highest on wishlist

Highest on wish list, just curious what seemed to be more realistic. Reading the threads, seemed like most of them were long shots, so didn’t know what seemed realistic. Thanks Wayne, appreciate ya!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have the same order. Mitchell for roster construction. I like Beverly better than Quinones.

I wasn’t necessarily putting them in order but yeah, that works too.

If we could get Watford, he would catapult to #1 easily.

Realistically Beverly or Mitchell seem like good/great additions.

The question is where do we go from here? Who should be our number one priority and who do we have the most realistic chance of Landing?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

R. Langford. (I kid)

I’d go after a grad transfer wing shooter, big or small.

I feel decent about our guards with a healthy Phin running the show. Green and Al as the backup ball handlers.

If Davis can get healthy and stay healthy he changes our team. Jackson-Davis just needs to be solid as a frosh. Thompson and either Moore or Forrester contributing would help.

I like Hunter on the wing but obviously he needs to be cleared and healthy. Durham needs to continue improving in all areas to be the Swiss Army knife type player. Green just needs to make sure he’s here for the right reasons and improve his decision making. Franklin, hopefully, can get some run a bit. Here is where I’d like a grad transfer that can help with leadership and shooting.

We absolutely can’t run a team out there with only one decent shooter or only a few offensive weapons. We need consistency from our returning players.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Tre and Lester look like a couple of great possible additions. Either one would be awesome. They both look physically strong/stout for their positions. I know neither is supposedly favoring IU at the moment but ya never know. If we got one of these guys I’d be real happy.

The question is where do we go from here? Who should be our number one priority and who do we have the most realistic chance of Landing?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Its going to have to be grad transfers. We put all our eggs in the brooks basket and lost. Now we are scrambling late on guys like beverly.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Last night after the Brooks announcement, one of the many twitter accounts I follow tweeted that there would be familiar names to IU fans becoming available on the transfer market.   No specific names, just that message.   I've tried to go back and find the source of the tweet but can't.  Because I don't follow just any Joe Doe, I know the source would be a recognizable name to this board and have credibility.

Last night after the Brooks announcement, one of the many twitter accounts I follow tweeted that there would be familiar names to IU fans becoming available on the transfer market.   No specific names, just that message.   I've tried to go back and find the source of the tweet but can't.  Because I don't follow just any Joe Doe, I know the source would be a recognizable name to this board and have credibility.

He got that from Snows report. Since this season isn’t over no names specifically will be named yet