Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Gulp.

Yep. Looks like we're some of Brooks, TJD,  Watford, Hurt, or bust. Unless coaching changes open up some of our former prospects  recruitements in the spring.

Some interesting national notes as the early signing period is over.
Khalil Whitney didn’t sign during the early signing period for Kentucky. Since he is away at prep school he wants to sign in hometown and couldn’t work it out during the early signing period.
Rocket Watts didn’t sign with Michigan St early. Said the same thing he wants to sign in Detroit and couldn’t work it out while away at prep school.
Each recruiting cycle seems to have its own themes and this year it seems a lot of more top recruits are going to wait until spring to sign even ones who have verbally committed to a college.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 11/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, HoosierHoops1 said:

Yep. Looks like we're some of Brooks, TJD,  Watford, Hurt, or bust. Unless coaching changes open up some of our former prospects  recruitements in the spring.

Or Grad Transfer(s)? I still think TJD & Brooks are likely though.

IMG_0849.thumb.jpg.e0dec249487e8e360d8a689ebeb13557.jpg saw this from @collegebasketballinsider on the Twitter, when I got up this morning. Absolutely blows my mind, that ol’ tommy boy is still able to draw 5 stars let alone the #1 according to 247!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I mean, at this point he has DWade, Vic, and a decent number of other NBA players to his name. He has some legitimate cred when it comes to getting kids to the NBA.

In this case, the kid is also from ATL. That said, Crean will create some good Georgia teams and make some noise at UGA. It’s what he does. However, we’ll see if he learned from his time at Indiana...

IMG_0849.thumb.jpg.e0dec249487e8e360d8a689ebeb13557.jpg saw this from @collegebasketballinsider on the Twitter, when I got up this morning. Absolutely blows my mind, that ol’ tommy boy is still able to draw 5 stars let alone the #1 according to 247!

Would be shocked to see Crean pull a recruit of this caliber but I’d be psyched for him. Hoping he can turn Georgia into a player in the SEC.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/993815

Interesting IU is brought up. He is really good. Glad we are involved

Lester Quinones

We're 1/3 of the way through Feb.; this season is in the tank; we know we badly need help for next year.  So we're flirting with Quinones and maybe with Harlond Beverly who already have a number of high D1 offers and will likely be making their announcements sometime in the next 10 weeks.  IMO we're too little too late and smacks of desperation to me. (Not that we aren't desperate!)

5 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Seems that they are set on getting another guard. Beverly and Quinones both being recruited by IU. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next couple months. 

Of course we are we only have 2 returning that we can trust

We're 1/3 of the way through Feb.; this season is in the tank; we know we badly need help for next year.  So we're flirting with Quinones and maybe with Harlond Beverly who already have a number of high D1 offers and will likely be making their announcements sometime in the next 10 weeks.  IMO we're too little too late and smacks of desperation to me. (Not that we aren't desparate!)

They have been recruiting Beverly for a while just no offer. Quinones is new to me. He is a shooter. Maybe desperate going after him but the staff has always been tracking Beverly