Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/03/21/2018-indiana-junior-all-stars-boys-teams-revealed/445506002/

2018 Indiana Junior All-Stars boys teams revealed.  Core members of the boys IndyStar Indiana Junior All-Star team.

Keion Brooks Jr., 6-8, Fort Wayne North Side (undecided)

Armaan Franklin, 6-5, Cathedral (undecided)

Mason Gillis, 6-7, New Castle (undecided)

Trayce Jackson-Davis, 6-9, Center Grove (undecided)

Brandon Newman, 6-4, Valparaiso (undecided)

Isaiah Thompson, 6-0, Zionsville (Purdue)

North Group

Noah Applegate, 6-6, Penn (undecided)

Ali Ali, 6-7, East Noble (undecided)

Ethan Brittain-Watts, 6-0, Culver Academy (undecided)

Elijah Hales, 6-4, Westview (undecided)

Colin Kenney, 6-1, Marquette Catholic (undecided)

Craig Young, 6-5, Fort Wayne Wayne (undecided)

Central Group

Manuel Brown, 6-1, Scecina (undecided)

Luke Bumbalough, 6-0, New Castle (undecided)

Connor Jones, 6-3, Danville (undecided)

Dawand Jones, 6-7, Ben Davis (undecided)

John Michael Mulloy, 6-10, Carmel (Butler)

Sam Skaggs, 6-0, Logansport (undecided)

South Group

Cameron Alford, 6-1, Brownsburg (undecided)

David Bell, 6-3, Warren Central (undecided)

Cobie Barnes, 6-6, Floyd Central (undecided)

Jared Hankins, 6-4, Lawrence North (undecided)

Alex Hemenway, 6-4, Castle (undecided)

Zach Kuhn, 6-4, Shelbyville (undecided)

On March 19, 2018 at 7:33 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Corey Evans - Indiana head coach Archie Miller is in tonight for Rivals150 four star junior Oscar Tshiebwe.

Oscar Tshiebwe|Center|class of 2019|4 star|RR 0.0|Kennedy Catholic|Hermitage, PA|230.0lbs|6 feet 8 inches|national rank 57|undecided

Saw on Twitter where CAM may be back to watch him on Monday at state title game.  

Some late follow-up nuggets of info from last weekend's NY2LA event where a number of potential IU recruits played.

DJ Carton 2019 – Quad City Elite 17U – After throwing down the best dunk of the weekend Friday, Cartons name was defiantly buzzing around the gym.  With the extra attention on him Carton did nothing but impress whoever was watching.  Dropping 17 points and 7 assists in a winning effort against Full Package, Carton left everything he had on the floor in the next game finishing with 16 points in Quad City's tough lost.  Carton insured that he is one of the best 2019 prospects in the Midwest and a legitimate top 50 prospect.

Alonzo Gaffney 2019 – All Ohio Red EYBL 17U – Gaffney has been impressive all weekend here showing a little bit of everything.  This young man is already very skilled but when you watch him you can tell there is still another level that he can bring his game too.  The long 6-8 forward was scoring in bunches finishing with 17 points in a win over Wisconsin Triple Threat.

2019 DJ Carton PG Quad City Elite 17U
Flat out put on a show Friday night and throughout the weekend, safe to say DJ pulled has definitely improved skill and strength wise on the court.  His ability to get to the rim and finish in traffic was second to none this weekend as well as his ability to run the show and be efficient scoring the basketball from anywhere on the court.

2019 Alonzo Gaffney SF All Ohio Red 17U
Skilled big man that can affect the game from a defensive and offensive standpoint.  With his large 6’8 frame and large wing span Alonzo can change shots at the rim create havoc in the backcourt with his athletic ability to stay in front of guards and cause turnovers.  This is a large part why Gaffney is hearing from the likes of Kansas, Louisville, Syracuse, Georgetown and a host of over schools.

2019 Francis Okoro PF Brad Beal Elite 17U
Such a great athlete around the rim defensively and offensively, was the catalyst in helping Brad Beal win the 17u Platinum division. 

FIRST TEAM

MAXPREPS NATIONAL JUNIOR OF THE YEAR
Vernon Carey Jr., University (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
6-10 | Junior | Forward | Uncommitted
Averaged 26.0 points and 10.4 rebounds per game while leading University (36-2) to the City of Palms Classic title, Class 5A state championship and trip to New York City for GEICO Nationals.

Joseph Girard III, Glens Falls (N.Y.)
6-1 | Junior | Guard | Uncommitted
Already New York's all-time leading scorer with 3,306 points, averaged 50 points per game this winter while leading Indians to a 20-3 record.

Ashton Hagans, Newton (Covington, Ga.)
6-3 | Junior | Guard | Kentucky
Averaged 20.1 points, 10.7 assists and 7.7 rebounds per game, leading Newton to a 27-4 record and Class AAAAAAA semifinals.

Matthew Hurt, John Marshall (Rochester, Minn.)
6-9 | Junior | Forward | Uncommitted
Filled up the stat sheet for 26-3 Rockets, averaging 33.9 points, 15.0 rebounds, 3.9 blocks and 3.6 assists per game.

Trendon Watford, Mountain Brook (Birmingham, Ala.)
6-8 | Junior | Forward | Uncommitted
Averaged 23.3 points and 12.3 rebounds for Alabama's 7A state champions, which went 32-4 and finished the season ranked No. 24 nationally by MaxPreps.

A couple Hoosiers targets on 1st team. KB jr and TJD made honorable mention.

54 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

FIRST TEAM

MAXPREPS NATIONAL JUNIOR OF THE YEAR
Vernon Carey Jr., University (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
6-10 | Junior | Forward | Uncommitted
Averaged 26.0 points and 10.4 rebounds per game while leading University (36-2) to the City of Palms Classic title, Class 5A state championship and trip to New York City for GEICO Nationals.

Joseph Girard III, Glens Falls (N.Y.)
6-1 | Junior | Guard | Uncommitted
Already New York's all-time leading scorer with 3,306 points, averaged 50 points per game this winter while leading Indians to a 20-3 record.

Ashton Hagans, Newton (Covington, Ga.)
6-3 | Junior | Guard | Kentucky
Averaged 20.1 points, 10.7 assists and 7.7 rebounds per game, leading Newton to a 27-4 record and Class AAAAAAA semifinals.

Matthew Hurt, John Marshall (Rochester, Minn.)
6-9 | Junior | Forward | Uncommitted
Filled up the stat sheet for 26-3 Rockets, averaging 33.9 points, 15.0 rebounds, 3.9 blocks and 3.6 assists per game.

Trendon Watford, Mountain Brook (Birmingham, Ala.)
6-8 | Junior | Forward | Uncommitted
Averaged 23.3 points and 12.3 rebounds for Alabama's 7A state champions, which went 32-4 and finished the season ranked No. 24 nationally by MaxPreps.

A couple Hoosiers targets on 1st team. KB jr and TJD made honorable mention.

those stats for Hurt are just unreal.  That Girard cat putting up a 50 spot per game???  lol  

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

those stats for Hurt are just unreal.  That Girard cat putting up a 50 spot per game???  lol  

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes they are. 

Looks like Ohio State, Michigan and Boston college may have already had in-homes with Girard.

Spitballing here, but I believe CAM is aiming for a 4-man class in '19 with the following make up:

Lead Ball Handler (Pick One)

-DJ Carton (I expect a strong push for him over the summer)

-Additional Names from Summer Evaluation Period

Small Wing (Pick One)

-Brandon Newman (In my mind the Staff's Top Small Wing)

-Armaan Franklin (maybe a higher priority from other teams e.g. Purdue, Butler)

-Alex Hemenway (would jump at an offer if provided)

Big Wing/Post (Pick Two)

-Trayce Jackson Davis (I think Trayce is the staff's top priority here, but all four will get a lot of love & attention over the summer...if we miss on 3 I could see us getting involved with Mason Gillis from New Castle)

-Keion Brooks

-Trendon Watford

-Matthew Hurt

Again these are just my predictions based on coach visits, interviews, inside-out recruitment strategy, etc.  How do you guys see '19 shaking out?

2 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Romeo will have to be a one-and-done and someone will need to transfer for a four man class to be possible.

We really should be hoping somebody else makes the jump and is NBA caliber. 

Come on Moore live up to that potential 

14 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Romeo will have to be a one-and-done and someone will need to transfer for a four man class to be possible.

You got it, I don't know what the stat is for this year but in years past on average each D1 program had 1+ transfer/year.  In my mind you have the following scholarship opening scenario for '19: 

1) Juwan Morgan

2) Current Open Schollie/Grad Transfer Leaving after the Season

3) Romeo

4) Early NBA Entree/Transfer 

39 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Spitballing here, but I believe CAM is aiming for a 4-man class in '19 with the following make up:

Lead Ball Handler (Pick One)

-DJ Carton (I expect a strong push for him over the summer)

-Additional Names from Summer Evaluation Period

Small Wing (Pick One)

-Brandon Newman (In my mind the Staff's Top Small Wing)

-Armaan Franklin (maybe a higher priority from other teams e.g. Purdue, Butler)

-Alex Hemenway (would jump at an offer if provided)

Big Wing/Post (Pick Two)

-Trayce Jackson Davis (I think Trayce is the staff's top priority here, but all four will get a lot of love & attention over the summer...if we miss on 3 I could see us getting involved with Mason Gillis from New Castle)

-Keion Brooks

-Trendon Watford

-Matthew Hurt

Again these are just my predictions based on coach visits, interviews, inside-out recruitment strategy, etc.  How do you guys see '19 shaking out?

Accurate although I think the staff is willing to play Brooks at the 3. 

My ideal would be Hurt reclassifies to us in 18. We get 2 of the 3 remaining guys. Then get Newman and Carton. 

14 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Here's a neat look into the staff's recruiting efforts.  This comes from Reddit.  A guy posted examples of the photoshop/graphic design stuff he does for the staff.  The full gallery can be viewed here:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/64402023/2017-18-Indiana-Basketball-Graphics

I had some questions for the designer and he answered as follows:

=======================================

Awesome work, man. Are you paid for this? A lot of those seemed directed at recruits. Are those flyers and things that are sent to recruits? Will you be working with us again this year?

[–]Indiana HoosiersVo1ture[S] 16 points 1 day ago 

Yeah I am paid. I’m actually Indiana Athletic’s graphic design director. I can’t go into too much detail here, but these are all recruit graphics. I do both personalized and generic ones, and these are the generic ones. The coaching staff asks me for personalized ones, and I just come up with three to four generic ones each week on my own.

And I’ve been here for two years now, so I should be here again next year! Haha. And thank you btw.

=======================================

I actually know him IRL. Nice guy and awesome at what he does