Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

The targets for 2019 are clear. Keion, TJD, Newman and Carton. With honorable mention to Hemenway. Archie isn’t going after big time national guys because IU isn’t gonna get them. Never had that much of a chance with Cole Anthony or Matthew Hurt. And Trendon Watford wants his own path. I can understand that. The main focus is on in-state players for 2019. I like it

3 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Everything I read about Newman is positive. Wonder if we offer him a scholarship.

Puzzling loss today against Elkhart Memorial. But yeah I would think a scholarship offer is coming soon

Belleville West advanced to the Illinois class 4A Final Four routing West Aurora 84-43.  Junior EJ Liddell had 26 points and 13 rebounds.  He was 6 of 10 from the field and 13 of 14 from the free-throw line.  He also had 3 assists and 4 blocks.  Liddell now has 1,718 points, just eight behind all-time leader Milton Wiley (1,726).  Bruce Underwood and Bruce Weber watched.

Belleville West advanced to the Illinois class 4A Final Four routing West Aurora 84-43.  Junior EJ Liddell had 26 points and 13 rebounds.  He was 6 of 10 from the field and 13 of 14 from the free-throw line.  He also had 3 assists and 4 blocks.  Liddell now has 1,718 points, just eight behind all-time leader Milton Wiley (1,726).  Bruce Underwood and Bruce Weber watched.

Beat me to it. LolFor those interested, Liddell plays at 530 CST Friday . It will be aired on Comcast Sports Chicago ( I think it may be NBC Sports Chicago now). I do know Dish has that Station at 412-19. I did read it will be streamed on Comcast's website.

I do believe he would be a very good option. I would hate to see him at Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In a Class 4A semi-final game Belleville West defeats Larkin 64-53.  EJ Liddell 24 pts 5 reb 7 blk
Man beat me again lol.
The game will tip off about 8 cst tomorrow night following the 4A 3rd place game on NBC Sports Chicago. On dish network it is ch 412-19 on the hopper.

11 hours ago, iufaninillinois said:

Man beat me again lol.
The game will tip off about 8 cst tomorrow night following the 4A 3rd place game on NBC Sports Chicago. On dish network it is ch 412-19 on the hopper.

Geez, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings so I'll let you win tonight!  Feeling better already aren't you?   :92:

UE transfer Ryan Taylor would be a great addition—6’6” guard that shoots 42 percent from 3 and 86 percent from free throw line. Plus he is originally from Gary Indiana. Imagine him and Romeo in the back court? 2 big guards to go with Phinisee and Green and Durham. If McRob gets a jumper—watch out. Our front court will be ok if Juwan comes back and Davis is healthy as Smith will make a big leap and Race should also be ready to contribute. Future looks bright—let’s get Romeo and Taylor and call it a class...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Two Mules for Sister Sara said:

Confirmation in the article that Taylor will graduate in May and therefore eligible immediately if he indeed transfers.   [Love that movie]

Hey iufaninillinois I gave you until nearly 10:00 ET this morning so I guess if you snooze you lose!   :103:

Belleville West defeated Chicago's Whitney Young 60-56 for the Illinois 4A championship, the first time a school from outside the Chicago area has won it in 14 years.  Whitney Young was the defending 4A champ and had 3 returning starters on the team.  Junior EJ Liddell, scored 17 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked seven shots.  Liddell finished the season with 708 points, surpassing the former record of 703 points set by Joe Wiley in 1965-66.  Liddell will enter his senior season with 1,759 points.  

Full story at:  http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article205320344.html

Hey iufaninillinois I gave you until nearly 10:00 ET this morning so I guess if you snooze you lose!   :103:
Belleville West defeated Chicago's Whitney Young 60-56 for the Illinois 4A championship, the first time a school from outside the Chicago area has won it in 14 years.  Whitney Young was the defending 4A champ and had 3 returning starters on the team.  Junior EJ Liddell, scored 17 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked seven shots.  Liddell finished the season with 708 points, surpassing the former record of 703 points set by Joe Wiley in 1965-66.  Liddell will enter his senior season with 1,759 points.  
Full story at:  http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article205320344.html

I didn't even hear about it until this morning after church. Had company last night so didn't get to watch.

I was told he played the entire 4th quarter and OT with 4 fouls.

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Terrific player. If we’re not on this kid, and I get why CAM is hard on the instate ‘19 kids, Liddell needs to just get out of the Big 10. Go to KU or Texas or Mizzou. Stay away from U of I or MSU or OSU.