Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

7 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Just saw we offered Aidan Igiehon(F) from NY

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I've been gone all day and trying to catch up.  Haven't seen a thing on the multitude of twitter accounts I follow,  Can you let us know where you saw this?  I've got his summer AAU stats and we'll get his own thread up and runningl.

I've been gone all day and trying to catch up.  Haven't seen a thing on the multitude of twitter accounts I follow,  Can you let us know where you saw this?  I've got his summer AAU stats and we'll get his own thread up and runningl.

6'10" Aidan Igiehon'19 @Big_harris22 of @NY_Lightning earned offers from Indiana, USC, Wichita St., URI 247sports.com/Player/Aidan-I… 38.3" Vert

Aslater247

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

IU offers 6'9" PF Francis Okoro out of Normal Community West, IL. 247 Composite #24

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think it's safe to say we really want a big this class. I like this kid and seems like his game has a ton of room to grow. Would be a welcomed addition.

19 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

It would be nice to have at least 4 scholarships for this class based on how we sit currently with the talent. We are in on so many exciting players. 

Only way I see that happening is with some people leaving early. 

Even if we are done after Phinisee or get Romeo that only projects to 3 open. 

We probably will have 1 transfer though so 4 is possible though. 

56 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

According to inside sources the NCAA is considering just doing 2 live periods in July. Potentially Wed-Saturday or possibly Sunday-Saturday.
@highmajorscoop

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Didn't know that. Interesting, certainly enough complaints

Having problems seeing any post on here, but if it hasn't been said already, Isiah Stewart is transferring to La Lumiere. Definitely a good thing so he is closer for us to recruit. Also means he has no problems playing in Indiana.

Hopefully Arch can repair/create connections with LaLu at some point. Indiana/Crean lost his. We had zero shot with Lalu kids with Crean. Now , we at least have a chance.

5 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

If you're Archie Miller what's your strategy? How do you round out '18 with '19 in mind?

If I'm Archie, I'm holding out the last 2 scholarships for Romeo, Garland, or any other 5 star that wants to come.

That would leave us with 3 rides for 19', which I'm guessing will end up being 4 with a transfer. Perfect for guys like Brooks, Watford, Hurt, TJD, Igiehon, Anthony, etc. 

We're in on too many talented guys in 19' to be left with 2-3 schollies IMO.

45 minutes ago, VO5 said:

If I'm Archie, I'm holding out the last 2 scholarships for Romeo, Garland, or any other 5 star that wants to come.

That would leave us with 3 rides for 19', which I'm guessing will end up being 4 with a transfer. Perfect for guys like Brooks, Watford, Hurt, TJD, Igiehon, Anthony, etc. 

Yeah 2019 is loaded. Need scholarships for that class. IU has a chance to put together a good one there

Agree exactly. If we miss on the 5 star guys, I could see using 1 of the 2 available ships to get a position of need.

I'm pretty much Romeo or bust, but I'd take Garland or King if they were willing.

King is almost a UK lock and i think Garland will be UK, Vandy, or Duke. I'm leaning UK for Garland as well.

Our need for Dort is diminished but if we miss Romeo, I'd love to have Dort.

Want 3-4 from 2019.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agree exactly. If we miss on the 5 star guys, I could see using 1 of the 2 available ships to get a position of need.

I'm pretty much Romeo or bust, but I'd take Garland or King if they were willing.

King is almost a UK lock and i think Garland will be UK, Vandy, or Duke. I'm leaning UK for Garland as well.

Our need for Dort is diminished but if we miss Romeo, I'd love to have Dort.

Want 3-4 from 2019.

UK still hasn't offered King despite King playing for Cal at the U19 Championship, so I wouldn't say he's a lock for them at all. They seem to be prioritizing RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish at the wing position. However, I doubt we're players for him having already taken two wing commitments.

UK still hasn't offered King despite King playing for Cal at the U19 Championship, so I wouldn't say he's a lock for them at all. They seem to be prioritizing RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish at the wing position. However, I doubt we're players for him having already taken two wing commitments.

It's King's destination school. But yes, you bring up a good point and I think things could change but if UK offers I think it'll stick.

I watched King play last week. He was pretty impressive as an athlete. Great size and potential.