Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

FWIW - ESPN's top 60 in the '19 Class

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2019/order/true

IU offers:  Wiseman #5; Hurt #9; Watford #10; Brooks #18; Cockburn #48; Stewart #56.

Others of Interest:  Anthony #11; 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2019/order/true

IU offers:  Wiseman #5; Hurt #9; Watford #10; Brooks #18; Cockburn #48; Stewart #56.

Refreshing to finally see our offer list look like this. 

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm willing to bet a lot of money that Cole Anthony will be a better college player and pro than LaMelo Ball.

45 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Aidan Igiehon'19 has heard from Arizona, Harvard, Illinois, Indiana, SJU, Syracuse, Stanford, G'town, Miami, Rutgers, Ohio St, Nova & Yale

aslater247

Webview

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

From an Illinois site just last month.  If the author is knowledgeable, this is not a kid who could step right in and make a significant contribution at least at this time.

Aiden Igiehon

The future of the Illinois basketball team in the paint is still up in the air. They don’t have a true center on the roster and 2019 might be the next time one comes in a recruiting class.

Illinois is after multiple centers for the class of 2019. They already have a few offers on the table for some talented players, but getting someone like Aidan Igiehon could supplement that position nicely.

Igiehon is a talented player from Lawrence Woodmere Academy in Woodmere, New York. The bad part about his recruitment is that he is a player from the class of 2019. Illinois needs someone sooner, but I like what I see with Igiehon.

Right now, Igiehon is ranked as a four-star recruit who is the No. 63 player in the class of 2019. He is 6-foot-9, 210-pounds, so I like that Illinois is going after someone who is bigger.

Illinois is currently Igiehon’s only scholarship offer, but I assume there will be a lot more in a very short amount of time. He is a player who is extremely raw but still has a ton of potential.

I love what I see when I watch Igiehon under the basket. He is a monster on the boards and he has a solid move to get to the hoop. That skillset alone will land him some serious scholarship offers.

The main worry I have is he doesn’t have much else. He isn’t great at shooting the ball and outside of the paint, he won’t be used much. That doesn’t bode well for Underwood’s system. But, he does run the court well so that helps his case.NEXT: Top recruiting needs for the Illini

While I think Underwood would have a project on his hands with Igiehon, he has an extremely high upside and I want to see if his offensive game can develop the next few years in high school and AAU.

21 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Aidan Igiehon'19 has heard from Arizona, Harvard, Illinois, Indiana, SJU, Syracuse, Stanford, G'town, Miami, Rutgers, Ohio St, Nova & Yale

aslater247

From the Nike Elite 100 Camp this past weekend.

Aidan Igiehon’s stock had been on the rise heading into camp, but he elevated it even more with his play this past weekend. The class of 2019 power forward is already a great athlete, but he has developed his post moves. He continues to add more to his game at a rapid pace and is now considered one of the best power forwards in the country. 

He's a '19 recruit but is playing ''up" on the Nike AAU circuit for the NY Lightning.

Aidan Igiehon '19 ( C )  - NY Lightning        
Date Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.

Avg 7.4 47%   68%   n.a.   5 0 2 0 0
# Gms 15                      

More on Igiehon from the Nike Elite 100 Camp

Aidan Igiehon, 2019 C, Lawrence Woodmere Academy (NY): Igiehon was the most impressive prospect I saw over the weekend. The 6-foot-10 big man was fantastic from start to finish and dominated on the low block with a variety of post moves and counters. He didn’t get pushed off his spot and consistently battled in the paint. Igiehon has a solid set of hands and moves his feet well. He showed the ability to help and recover in pick-and-roll scenarios, as well as being capable of blocking shots in the paint. With few holes in his offensive arsenal and solid defense, Igiehon is an elite post prospect in the 2019 class and a potential McDonald’s All-American.

Been a great effort from Khalif Battle. Top-100 guard one of the best from 3-pt range. Indiana, Miami, Nova, UConn, VCU, GW & VTech on hand.  

Class of '19; 4-star; 6'4" PG from Roselle Catholic HS in New Jersey.  Brother of Tyus Battle playing at Syracuse.  Plays AAU in the Nike EYBL for NY Rens; same team affiliation as does Kofi Cockburn (in the 17U division).   Battle plays in the 16U division so no 2017 AAU stats available.

Scout

Rivals

PG

Cole Anthony (9)

Jeremiah Francis (51)

Isaiah Thompson (180)

SG 

SF 

Trendon Watford (13)

PF

Matthew Hurt (5)

Keion Brooks (21)

Francis Okoro (24)

Isaiah Stewart (32)

Trayce Jackson-Davis (102)

C

James Wiseman (2)

Kofi Cockburn (27)

Obviously, the staff is looking at more, just a rough draft. A bunch of Indiana kids who they're evaluating at this point. I'll add, but PM me if I missed more significants.

I expect 2-3 on the class. 

Give me Wiseman, Anthony & Watford if we do only take 3. 2019 has potential to be huge. Thanks for update was curious how many guards we were after. Looks like it is point or nothing in that aspect though Watford could get some run at the 2 I guess.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Hurt is so skilled though. And we spent a ton of time on him this summer.

Brooks/Watford/Hurt hard to pick between them. All phenomenal.

Brooks has next level athleticism. So excited to be in on players of this caliber. Hopefully we can stay in.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Brooks and Watford are my favorites in this class. Hurt, Wiseman and Davis are really good prospects too. I doubt IU takes a PG in '19 since they'll most likely get one in '18

If there's an obvious upgrade you without a doubt take a better point in 2019.

Brooks and Watford would be at the top along with a true big. We'll need someone to replace Davis.

Anthony
Hurt
Wiseman
Watford
Brooks
Cockburn
Stewart
TJD
Alonzo Gaffney

Overall need and want:

1a. Anthony
1.b Hurt
2. Wiseman
3. Brooks
4. Watford
5. TJD
6. Gaffney
7. Cockburn
8. Stewart

Any combination of these 3 guys would be astounding.

My prediction on our odds:

1. TJD
2. Watford
3. Brooks
4. Hurt
Then longer shots
5. Gaffney
6. Cockburn
7. Stewart
8. Wiseman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners