Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

Culver continued its march for a repeat 3A championship with a 57-44 win over Marion.  It was just 17-16 at halftime so clearly both teams played much better ball in the second half.  Officiating was iffy with I think over 35 fouls whistled and at one point the game announcers even commented on "nickel and dime" whistles.  Marion played a box and one on Galloway who finished with 15 pts on 4-9 FG; 1-4 on 3's; 6-9 FT; 7 reb; 2 stls; 1 TO; 2 blks by my unofficial scorecard.   I commented before that Culver as a team plays excellent man-to-man defense.  Galloway guarded Jalen Blackmon from the opening tip until Galloway picked up his 4th foul with 6 min. left in the game.  Blackmon finished with 15 pts. but only had 6 while guarded by Galloway and was only 3-12 from the field during that time.  

Galloway is Colin Hartman reincarnate in my eyes. Go get him and Leal and let’s develop some good 4 year players that can easily be pieces of well balanced rosters that have final 4 potential. I’m so sick of chasing the biggest carrot and ending up hungry. It places so much burden on the staff to have to land multiple big fish each season and let’s be honest, that’s not who we are at this point. 

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

Galloway is Colin Hartman reincarnate in my eyes. Go get him and Leal and let’s develop some good 4 year players that can easily be pieces of well balanced rosters that have final 4 potential. I’m so sick of chasing the biggest carrot and ending up hungry. It places so much burden on the staff to have to land multiple big fish each season and let’s be honest, that’s not who we are at this point. 

I totally agree and still say if we can only take one between Leal and Galloway take Trey. He is a winner who makes the right play and can shut someone down. 

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I totally agree and still say if we can only take one between Leal and Galloway take Trey. He is a winner who makes the right play and can shut someone down. 

Hey Chris, who's the next recruit to pop for us? 

53 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Wasn't impressed during State Finals game.

Had a horrible game as did his entire team.  Silver Creek was a matchup nightmare for Culver.  However, if you watched Galloway shut down Jalen Blackmon in the semistate game or watched him keep Keion Brooks under control when those schools played I think you'd have a different opinion.  He's not a shooter and for a coach's kid, has a pretty goofy looking shot IMO.  But he's an excellent defender and rebounder and Culver plays a straight man-to-man defense so he's not being hidden on defense in a zone.  Culver's best offensive threat graduates so it will be interesting to see if Galloway's scoring picks up.  They'll likely not make it very far in next year's state tournament as they're forced to move up to 4A by virtue of winning the 2018 3A state tournament and the 2019 3A regional.

Offer both, will they take both though?

Just my opinion but I think they should take both if after they evaluated them they think they both can play together and help the program win. They have played together in the past but are kind of struggling this evaluation period. If they don’t think they get anymore recruits in 2019 I say they take both if they both want to come. Tough calls coming up and will be interesting to see what they do. Pack had a great weekend as well. He could of played his way into more interest from IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So is Ethan Morton off the table at that point? I doubt we take all three.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Depends where our guard situation is heading into the fall. If we don’t land another for 2019 I could see us taking all 3. Not necessarily the same position for all 3. We are at a point in the process we have to offer or move on. Either that or the kids will have to that we aren’t offering.

Depends where our guard situation is heading into the fall. If we don’t land another for 2019 I could see us taking all 3. Not necessarily the same position for all 3. We are at a point in the process we have to offer or move on. Either that or the kids will have to that we aren’t offering.

Morton offensively is a pg. he is an elite level passer and showed that again this week. He didn’t look for his shot at all but controlled the game. One team pressed and he carved them up with all sorts of different passes to break the press. Odds will say they won’t get all 3 but I agree with you depending on how 2019 ends up they would take all 3