Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

They might have higher praise for the guys above him but Rivals just had a premium article on schools with must get players and according to rivals they considered Galloway or Leal(if not both) a must-get for IU. Regardless of where they had him ranked they feel they are important recruits for IU.  

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I didn’t read the article but is it possible they are must gets because they are the most likely and are getting the lion’s share of attention from the staff? Seems like a self fulfilling scenario, a no **** type of comment

I have been a huge Galloway fan and hope we get him and think Leal could help us too but perhaps need Galloway’s competitiveness the most.

As I’ve always said, I just want Archie to get the kids he wants and not to have to settle for options H, I, and J.

I will never understand the strategy of leaving 2 scholarships open when we have a kid on roster that may never play college ball and his rosters have historically been riddled with injuries. People can spin those open scholarships in a positive way if they want but I would hope not to hear those same people use injuries as an excuse if things don’t come together

15 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I didn’t read the article but is it possible they are must gets because they are the most likely and are getting the lion’s share of attention from the staff? Seems like a self fulfilling scenario, a no **** type of comment

I have been a huge Galloway fan and hope we get him and think Leal could help us too but perhaps need Galloway’s competitiveness the most.

As I’ve always said, I just want Archie to get the kids he wants and not to have to settle for options H, I, and J.

I will never understand the strategy of leaving 2 scholarships open when we have a kid on roster that may never play college ball and his rosters have historically been riddled with injuries. People can spin those open scholarships in a positive way if they want but I would hope not to hear those same people use injuries as an excuse if things don’t come together

Yeah we are going into next year with 8 scholarship players who have played a college basketball game. We are ridiculously thin and if we have an injury to Phinisee look poised to have difficulty again 

18 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I know he said he'd like to have a couple open, but they sure seemed to be TRYING to fill one or both of them.

I agree that open scholarships are wasted opportunities. Red-shirt a guy or something, just letting them go to waste doesn't make sense to me. 

It’s not that I’m an Archie hater. I just think Holtman is a lot better. I thought that 2 years ago, and I think that now. He was the guy I wanted from the get go. Him or Chris Mack. I wanted guys from the Big East. Not a guy from an A-10 school. Think about that. We hired a coach from the Atlantic 10. It says a lot about the state of Indiana basketball. Archie did some good things at Dayton, but he’s struggling trying to adjust to this level of basketball. Offensively, he doesn’t have much of a clue. He has failed to address how important having good shooting means in this conference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
In the early 70s we hired a guy from Army

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

It’s not that I’m an Archie hater. I just think Holtman is a lot better. I thought that 2 years ago, and I think that now. He was the guy I wanted from the get go. Him or Chris Mack. I wanted guys from the Big East. Not a guy from an A-10 school. Think about that. We hired a coach from the Atlantic 10. It says a lot about the state of Indiana basketball. Archie did some good things at Dayton, but he’s struggling trying to adjust to this level of basketball. Offensively, he doesn’t have much of a clue. He has failed to address how important having good shooting means in this conference.

Xavier was an A-10 school at the beginning of Mack's tenure. Butler got lucky with having Stevens right during realignment.

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

If we are recruiting against Villanova, MSU, and Virginia and getting some of those kids we’re gonna win a whole bunch of games.

Absolutely.   I completely get the fascination with 5* players, and if we get one here and there, it's probably a good thing; but I think we saw a year ago that having a 5* recruit on your team doesn't necessarily mean winning, and it can be disruptive if team chemistry is good.  I've coached against some really good players who were 3* kids or even lower.   Many have gone on to very successful college careers; and most of the rankings are based on athleticism and size, anyway.   Indiana - especially under Archie - needs basketball players.    If they're highly ranked basketball players, that's great.   But give me a kid who understands the game and not just the sport. Give me a kid who understands angles, help positioning, body control, and a mofo who can absolutely shoot it!!

9 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Absolutely.   I completely get the fascination with 5* players, and if we get one here and there, it's probably a good thing; but I think we saw a year ago that having a 5* recruit on your team doesn't necessarily mean winning, and it can be disruptive if team chemistry is good.  I've coached against some really good players who were 3* kids or even lower.   Many have gone on to very successful college careers; and most of the rankings are based on athleticism and size, anyway.   Indiana - especially under Archie - needs basketball players.    If they're highly ranked basketball players, that's great.   But give me a kid who understands the game and not just the sport. Give me a kid who understands angles, help positioning, body control, and a mofo who can absolutely shoot it!!

Another words, give you Galloway and Leal!

I’ve been a big fan of Galloway for a while but just watched his latest video and I am even more convinced he is exactly what we need.

Effort, basketball smarts, moves off the ball as well as anyone on our current roster... sign him up!