Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

28 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

His stock has been rising which is always a good sign at this stage. Would be a fine addition. 

That is what I was thinking. It seems he has had a great spring. I think he is the type of kid IU needs. Would love to have him. Maybe three straight Mr. Basketball's? 

16 hours ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Brian snow puts in a crystal ball pick for IU, he’s as good as it comes so seems like good news.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

^^This^^ Let's put a bow on this mucho pronto. Not only is Trey Galloway really good, he's the kind of player and leader that other really good players want to play with. 

As for Snow's credibility, the numbers vis-a-vis his crystal ball picks pretty much say it all:

• Brian Snow
    • 247SportsNational Basketball Analyst
    • 2020: 11 / 11(100.00%)
    • Overall: 136 / 147(92.52%)

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I could be off on this....but from what I've seen statistically and from what his size projects at, his game has a Will Sheehey-like feel.  Would this be a fair comp?

Sheehey seemed to make his living and looked his best while doing back cuts for dunks (something we all want Justin Smith to do more I'm sure).

I think Trey will be spending more time on the perimeter and he's hopefully a better ballhandler than Will.

21 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Sheehey seemed to make his living and looked his best while doing back cuts for dunks (something we all want Justin Smith to do more I'm sure).

I think Trey will be spending more time on the perimeter and he's hopefully a better ballhandler than Will.

I agree that is what Sheehey did best, but he actually did put up a decent amount of perimeter shots.  About 30% of his shots were three pointers.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

I could be off on this....but from what I've seen statistically and from what his size projects at, his game has a Will Sheehey-like feel.  Would this be a fair comp?

Don't think so; Sheehey was a State of Florida High jump champ. 

NOT saying he'll be anywhere near this good, but think Randy Whitman style game.

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I’m thinking a bit taller version of Chris Kramer. The type of kid that just finds ways to contribute and that other teams can’t stand

I agree with the ways to contribute part of your post but I haven't seen that Kramer 'emotional fight' mentality.  Galloway will play very hard but IMO he doesn't have Kramer's personality.   I think he'll produce and produce well but it will be in a very unassuming way if that makes sense.

Will be happy to have him, for certain. I like him more than Leal despite the rankings.

Won’t be a recruiting splash or one to brag or pound our chests about.

Smart kid that seems to want to win. Those are keys we’ve been lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, mdn82 said:

How has the summer been so far?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure, haven't been around much. Just moved from an old house to a house we built so been busy there. Hopefully will get more info the rest of the summer. 

6 hours ago, Chris007 said:

This is the guy I wanted all along. Tough, hard-nosed, do anything type of player who is a winner. So glad he will be a Hoosier. Soon

You sound very confident in that post.

Hope you're right ad he's the kid I've hoped for also.Seems like a player who could change the culture and be a foundation piece for the program.