Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

Wow. Tough luck.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not as bad as Lawerence Central and Lawerence North playing in the first game of their sectional. They are 2 of the top 3 teams in the state

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not as bad as Lawerence Central and Lawerence North playing in the first game of their sectional. They are 2 of the top 3 teams in the state

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sure hope those games are streamed.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:59 PM, Alford Bailey said:

Just not sure what you do with a shooting guard at a high major program who cant shoot.

I'm not sure that's where he plays in the long run.

Culver Military (16-4) wins its 12th game in a row 68-35 over Bowman Academy.  CMA's defense was on full display as it held Bowman to just 11 points in the first half and 20 through 3 quarters.  I had Galloway with 20 pts,. on 8-14 FG; 0-4 on 3s; 4-5 FT; 4 reb; 6 assts; 2 TO; 5 stls.  He had 2 'WOW' buckets that hopefully someone will post on Twitter. 

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Culver Military (16-4) wins its 12th game in a row 68-35 over Bowman Academy.  CMA's defense was on full display as it held Bowman to just 11 points in the first half and 20 through 3 quarters.  I had Galloway with 20 pts,. on 8-14 FG; 0-4 on 3s; 4-5 FT; 4 reb; 6 assts; 2 TO; 5 stls.  He had 2 'WOW' buckets that hopefully someone will post on Twitter. 

A 33 point win over Bowman is awfully impressive.

7 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

A 33 point win over Bowman is awfully impressive.

I've watched CMA enough to safely say they play some of the best team man-to-man defense I've seen a high school team play.  Last night they unveiled a full court press and Bowman simply didn't know what to do and that's why Bowman could only manage 11 first half points.

Culver Military knocks Blake Wesley and South Bend Riley out of the tournament with a 62-41 win with Bruiser watching.  From the radio broadcasters, Galloway finished with 20 pts. on 8-16 FT; 0-2 on 3s; 4-8 FT; 4 reb; 2 assts; 1 TO; 1 stl; 1 blk.  He picked up his 4th foul in the latter part of the 3rd Q and and spent the rest of the game being rotated in and out for offensive/defensive possessions.  CMA will face Plymouth Friday night in a sectional semifinal game.  

Plymouth is pretty bad, so Culver should make the finals easily.  The Michigan City/SB Adams projected matchup opposite it should a good one.  SB Adams is 20-3 and Michigan City is 16-6, but one of Adams' losses is to Michigan City.  City will really push tempo and that is the second game on Friday, so fatigue could come into play on Saturday for the winner of that game.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:32 PM, brumdog45 said:

Plymouth is pretty bad, so Culver should make the finals easily.  

Correction.  Plymouth is really really bad.  It was 20-2 after the 1st; 41-5 at halftime; 53-9 at the end of 3 and a final score of 66-24.  CMA shot 25-37 FG for the game.  Galloway probably only played about 6 min. in the 2nd half and I'm not sure it was that much.  The radio announcers started yammering about other things and keeping track of the actual game became secondary for them.  In any event, I had Galloway with 19 pts. on 7-8 FG; 1-1 on 3s; 4-6 FT; 3 reb; 7 assts.

Culver Military survived - barely - with a 44-43 win over John Adams.   One of the officials must have already set his watch ahead as there were at least 4 or 5 5-second calls.  A rough night for Galloway as he only scored 4 points shooting 1-10 FG; 1-4 on 3s; 1-2 FT/ 5 reb.; 7 assists (4 led to made 3s); 3 TO per the radio announcers.  He picked up his 4th foul with 5 min. left and was subbed in and out the rest of the game.

Side note:  Mark Galloway and the John Adams coach were roommates at Bethel College

South Bend Tribune - 

In the end, No. 10 Adams just ran out of time in Saturday’s sensational Class 4A-Sectional 3 championship game against No. 6 Culver Academy at LaPorte High School.

Chad Johnston’s Adams Eagles, down 12 points going into the final period, forced nine turnovers and scored 20 points against former Bethel roommate Mark Galloway’s Culver Military Eagles. But Culver Military prevailed thanks to 6-foot-10 Nicholas Hittle’s game-high 15 points and nine rebounds in a 44-43 triumph.

The victory sends Culver (19-4) to the Michigan City Regional next Saturday where it will play No. 13 Northridge (21-5) in the 10 a.m. semifinal game. For Johnston’s 22-4 Eagles, undefeated champions of the Northern Indiana Conference, it was another bitter championship loss for the second straight season. Last year, Penn prevailed over Adams, 63-60.

Johnston, whose junior-stocked Eagles got 11 points each from Chuck Worsham and Quentez Columbus and 10 points from Sydney Jefferies, couldn’t have been prouder.

“I’m proud of them, proud how we fought back,” Johnston said. “Early on we had some turnovers and didn’t block out well. It all came down to the end. Couldn’t have been more prouder of a group.”

Culver Academy coach Mark Galloway, whose program won the Class 3A state title two seasons ago and was runner-up a year ago before moving up this season to Class 4A, was breathing a sigh of relief after outbattling his former Bethel roommate Johnston. Their coach at Bethel, Mike Lightfoot, watched from center court.

“We really battled through some adversity there at the end,” said Galloway, whose All-State son Trey, an Indiana commit, was held to just four points, mostly by Jefferies, and was in foul trouble most of the fourth quarter.

“When you’re the team that’s down, you’re loose,” Galloway said. “It’s a little easier to shoot it. We got tight, got back on our heels. When you’re down, you’re fighting and clawing. That’s what Adams did. We got casual with the ball and Trey struggled. But his teammates picked him up.”

With Trey Galloway behind held down, Culver Academy got 12 points from Deontae Craig, whose free throw with 15.4 seconds put his team up 44-41. But Columbus drove the length of the floor and scored with 7.1 seconds remaining to make it 44-43.

The clock ran down to 2.4 seconds before Culver Military inbounded the ball. Adams fouled and Craig missed the first of a one-and-one. Adams’ Brayden Saxton got the rebound and turned to fire a full-court shot that came up well short at the final horn.

“I’ve got to thank my teammates for stepping up,” Trey Galloway said.

Hittle, who is headed to Indiana State, made the biggest contribution with his presence underneath. In addition to his points and rebounds, he re-directed several shots.

“We scrimmaged Adams earlier this year and they are really tough to play against,” Hittle said. “They really are hard to box out and they have high motors. But we stayed together and won.”

In the first half, Adams committed 11 turnovers, eight in the opening quarter, and shot just 35% (6 of 17) as Culver Academy took a 21-12 halftime lead. Desmond Martello, a surprise starter, hit a pair of 3-pointers to lead Culver Academy with six points while Anthony Goeb, Craig and Hittle had five each.

Culver Academy started the third quarter on a 7-0 run, with Galloway nailing his first basket, a 3-pointer, to make it 28-12 with 6:26 left. Worsham scored five points with his 3-pointer bringing Adams within nine, 30-21, with 2:25 remaining. But Craig answered and Hittle hit a trey and Adams trailed 35-23 going into the final quarter.

16 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Listened to a bit of it. He sure made it sound as if the Class of 2020 will be a group of four -- him, Leal, Geronimo ... and Lander. 

46 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I look forward to seeing Trey in an IU uniform.

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Trey and I have been using the same barber for the last 8 months or so. But it looks better on him.