Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

On 1/8/2020 at 1:42 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

5-game summary from MaxPreps.  Keep in mind he missed 4-games with a wrist injury.  23.4 ppg; 6.8 rpg; 5.4 assists; 1 stl.

8-game summary from MaxPreps.   23.4 ppl.  6.3 reb.    5.1 assists.   2 steals

Culver Military hosting its own Winter Classic and in the opening game this morning defeated Fort Wayne Canterbury 73-39.  No stats have been posted.  Tonight at 7:00, it will play South Bend Riley (Blake Wesley).  Game will be livestreamed at:  

https://livestream.com/accounts/17075222/events/8969283

NOTE:  These streams are video only.  There are no play-by-play announcers.

52-39 Culver Military with the win over SB Riley.  As always, my scorecard is highly unofficial but I had Galloway with 19 pts. on 8-13 FG; 1-3 on 3s; 2-7 on FT (his form is really bad IMO); 3 reb; 2 assists; 1 TO; 1 stl.  Score was 30-27 at the end of 3 quarters but it was all CMA in the 4th.  At one point, Galloway had 8 straight points for CMA.

He played with his right wrist taped and I wonder if he won't end up with surgery on it after the season ends.  Purely speculation on my part.  Galloway fouled out with less than a minute left in the game but, to me, he got away with a couple that could have put him on the bench much earlier.

Hey people.  I was speculating on possible surgery.  As Sgt. Schultz would say "I know nothing."  It's just that whatever is wrong with the wrist is not healing on its own.  So it would seem to me that it will require an extended period of rest at the end of the season or surgery.  Again, just my opinion.

Galloway with 27 pts. in a 69-58 overtime win over Indpls. Cathedral.  I noticed in watching bits of this game that he's changed his free throw shooting form since last season.  Don't  know if it's helped his % or not, but it definitely looks better.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Galloway with 27 pts. in a 69-58 overtime win over Indpls. Cathedral.  I noticed in watching bits of this game that he's changed his free throw shooting form since last season.  Don't  know if it's helped his % or not, but it definitely looks better.

You are a busy man. Much appreciated.

11 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ugh....looked it up and he is at 56% from the line  this year.

I re-watched the entirety of the Culver - Cathedral game.  It was tied at 50 at the end of regulation but in the 4:00 minute OT, the teams combined to score 27 points with CMA winning 69-58.  Go figure.  Cathedral came in as a team averaging 79.6 ppg, 3rd highest in the state.  I had Galloway with 27 points on 10-20 FG; just 1-7 on 3s; 6-10 FT; 8 reb; 3 asst; 3 stls; 1 blk.  During the course of the broadcast the announcers said Galloway is averaging 22.5 ppg for the season but only shooting 60% FTs.

CMA plays a very good man-to-man defense and Galloway drew Tayshawn Comer as his assignment.  Comer '22 came in averaging 17.2 ppg; 3.6 rpg; and 4.5 assts.  He finished with 15 on 6-15 FG; 1 reb; 1 asst.  He went to the line 38 times in his previous 2 games but only attempted 1 foul shot in this game.  

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

He can handle the ball for sure. Counting on non 5 stars to contribute freshmen year is a risky move though. Need a grad transfer for insurance 

I never said otherwise.