Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

I surely hope this wrist isn't going to be a recurring problem and ends up requiring surgery around October of this year.

Kyle Neddenriep @KyleNeddenriep

Talked to Culver Academy coach Mark Galloway about son Trey's right wrist injury.  Culver plays at Lawrence Central Sat. Galloway said Trey is progressing well, not fully healed. Status for LC game still undetermined, but seems he could play w/o risk of further injuring wrist.

I surely hope this wrist isn't going to be a recurring problem and ends up requiring surgery around October of this year.
Kyle Neddenriep @KyleNeddenriep
Talked to Culver Academy coach Mark Galloway about son Trey's right wrist injury.  Culver plays at Lawrence Central Sat. Galloway said Trey is progressing well, not fully healed. Status for LC game still undetermined, but seems he could play w/o risk of further injuring wrist.

Certainly not got to allow him to work on his shooting, which is undoubtedly his weakness.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What are you basing that on?  His shooting numbers?  That doesn’t mean he’s not a great shooter. 

Watching him play.

His dads analysis.

His numbers/percentages.

It’s a fact.

He can hit shots and he does. But he is most dangerous right now as a slasher/cutter and on point as a ball handler.

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Watching him play.

His dads analysis.

His numbers/percentages.

It’s a fact.

He can hit shots and he does. But he is most dangerous right now as a slasher/cutter and on point as a ball handler.

I was kidding. I don’t think he’s a good shooter. I’m of the belief that good shooters shoot good. 

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gotcha, well he isn’t yet.

One of the better shooting success stories was Oladipo. So, at least we know it’s possible.

If we are back to trying to find another Oladipo I’m going to need to go pour another drink. 

Don't know if Galloway is playing or not but at the half Culver Military leads #3 4A Lawrence Central 26-25. 

Final score Law. Cent over CMA 63-50.  Still no indication if Galloway played or not.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Final score.

Galloway back in the lineup and CMA on the road at Warsaw (7-1).  Galloway missed 4 games and CMA went 2-2 in his absence.  Tonight CMA comes away with a 55-47 win over Warsaw.   Galloway 16 pts; 3 reb; 3 asst; 1 blk.  For the game he was 7-17 FG but 5-7 in the 2nd half when he scored 11 of his 16 pts.  

CMA plays some really tough man-to-man defense and held Warsaw scoreless for 8 min. from the 3rdQ into the 4thQ.  During the course of the radio broadcast the announcers said Galloway is averaging 23 ppg but he's only shooting 64% FT.

Galloway back in the lineup and CMA on the road at Warsaw (7-1).  Galloway missed 4 games and CMA went 2-2 in his absence.  Tonight CMA comes away with a 55-47 win over Warsaw.   Galloway 16 pts; 3 reb; 3 asst; 1 blk.  For the game he was 7-17 FG but 5-7 in the 2nd half when he scored 11 of his 16 pts.  

CMA plays some really tough man-to-man defense and held Warsaw scoreless for 8 min. from the 3rdQ into the 4thQ.  During the course of the radio broadcast the announcers said Galloway is averaging 23 ppg but he's only shooting 64% FT.

Good player, not a good shooter yet. Kinda odd he’s not a good shooter, but for whatever reason he isn’t. Bummed, because I like everything else about his play.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

53 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Good player, not a good shooter yet. Kinda odd he’s not a good shooter, but for whatever reason he isn’t. Bummed, because I like everything else about his play.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Dude is a beast! Hoping he can find the stroke. Need to get the shot dr back to Bloomington. 

Wrist issue becoming a bigger concern for the future?

Nick Baumgart -

'20 IU signee Trey Galloway's toughness plays in B1G now.  Playing with essentially a broken wrist on shooting hand that wont heal.  Killed his stats (19% 3s after 37% soph yr) Mr. Basketball chances hurt.  Still he soldiers on. No excuses. No whining. #iubb fans are gonna like 32.