Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

No, he was given a 4-game suspension and they've only played a single game.  They play game #2 tonight in Chicago against Chicago Military Academy; #3 tomorrow in Fort Wayne and #4 will be next week at Zionsville.  His first game back on the sidelines will be against Bloomington South in the Forum Tipoff Classic.

Thinking they’ve played 2. Wasn’t that a mini tournament type thing to start the year?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Indianapolis Home School and Rock Island. Was the first one an exhibition?

Busted!  I plead guilty your honor and throw myself on the mercy of btb.  CMA has indeed played 2 games so Mark Galloway's suspension will end after this weekend.   What do you expect from an old fart?

Busted!  I plead guilty your honor and throw myself on the mercy of btb.  CMA has indeed play 2 games so Mark Galloway's suspension will end after this weekend.   What do you expect from an old fart?

You’re the best OF. Honestly. I just remembered watching some of the first game.

He’s off to a great start.

Stefanovic had a great game for Purdue this week. But Crean liked his teammate better.

Playing its second game in less than 24 hours, CMA easily defeated Fort Wayne Wayne 58-36.  I had Galloway with 14 pts on 6-14 FG; 0-3 on 3s; 2-3 FT; 9 reb; 7 assts; 4 TO; 2 stls; 1 blk.  Nicholas Hittle with 22 pts. was CMA's leading scorer and the beneficiary of several of Leal's assists.  

OOPS:  Galloway's assists not Leal's.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Correction

30 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Playing its second game in less than 24 hours, CMA easily defeated Fort Wayne Wayne 58-36.  I had Galloway with 14 pts on 6-14 FG; 0-3 on 3s; 2-3 FT; 9 reb; 7 assts; 4 TO; 2 stls; 1 blk.  Nicholas Hittle with 22 pts. was CMA's leading scorer and the beneficiary of several of Leal's assists.  

Sounds more interesting than the game I’m watching.

14 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Several of Leal's assists? Sounds like Culver might get another coach suspended!

2 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Several of Leal's assists? Sounds like Culver might get another coach suspended!

Yesterday was just a bad day for me all the way around.    Obviously it should have read Galloway and not Leal.  12th senior moment of the day -- or was it my 13th?  Thanks for catching my goof.

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Yesterday was just a bad day for me all the way around.    Obviously it should have read Galloway and not Leal.  12th senior moment of the day -- or was it my 13th?  Thanks for catching my goof.

All good my friend.

Your fastball is still world class; like Nolan Ryan had at age 40.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-culver-trey-galloway-out-3-weeks-wrist-injury

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — The epic high school showdown between Indiana commits Trey Galloway of Culver Academies and Anthony Leal of Bloomington South won't happen Saturday night because Galloway will be out three weeks with a wrist injury, his mother Dawn Galloway said Friday night.

Galloway, who won a state championship at Culver as a sophomore, was the first commit to Indiana in its 2020 class. Leal, Galloway's longtime teammate during AAU summers, was next.

Both are leading Mr. Basketball candidates, and their showdown Saturday night at Southport High School in the Forum Tipoff Classic is one of the most anticipated regular season games of the high school season.

Now it won't happen.

Galloway played in Culver's first four games — he scored 35 in their season opener — and his team is 4-0 and a state title contender. He landed awkwardly after a dunk and injured his wrist. Surgery is not required, but it is expected that Galloway will miss around three weeks, including Friday night's game at Zionsville.

Bloomington South is also unbeaten and the meeting Saturday night was the nightcap of the six-game showcase event at Southport that's bringing together many of the best teams — and players — in the state.

The Culver-South game was scheduled last for a reason, because of the Galloway and Leal meeting. Everyone wanted to see it, including Galloway and Leal.

"There's been a lot of friendly trash-talking going back and forth between us and some of the other guys because we know each other so well,'' Galloway said last week before his injury. "We've always played together, not against each other, so we've been excited about it ever since they announced it.''

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Background story on Trey and his parents and being coached by his dad.
https://www.si.com/college/indiana/recruiting/indiana-basketball-recruiting-trey-galloway-family-affair/

Bunch of takeaways.

Biggest two for me.

1. Insight about Dawson Garcia. That still hurts. We really could use him.

2. Explains how he injured his wrist.

Kid is competitive, that’s for sure.