Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

Indiana signee Trey Galloway scored 27 points in his senior season opener to lead Culver Academies (@CMABasketball) to a 69-54 victory over Indy Homeschool.

He dominated and controlled the entire game offensively. Was wearing a heavy wrap on his hand. Shooting hand?? Maybe. He’s “deceptively” athletic.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Culver defeats Rock Island 63-53.  Galloway with 35 pts.  My scoresheet from listening to the Rock Island announcers has Galloway with 11-20 FG; 1-6 on 3s; 12-14 on FT.  He had at least 4 reb.  Most of his points came on drives to the basket or putbacks.   It was either an aberration or he really worked on his FT shooting over the summer as he shot less than 60% last year.  

Scott Burgess,  senior contribuor to PrepHoopsIL tweeted this at halftime:  Hoosiers commit Trey Galloway was very good in the first half. Played on the ball most of the time handling the Rock Island pressure. Crafty getting in the lane for scores. Rebounded well.

UPDATE:   This game is part of the Kevin Brown Memorial Tournament and this was sent out moments ago:   Tyler Galloway with 35 pts 8reb 4ast and named player of the game.     [Yes, they called him Tyler]

Announcer: "Player of the game! get up here Tyler!"

Trey: "My name is Trey."

Announcer: "Hahaha, it is now! Good one, son."

Starting to feel like PG might be in his future. Handle would have to tighten up and the jumper will need to get more consistent either way. But the kid really sees the floor and processes so quickly. Plus his length and instincts defending smaller PG’s would make him a tough matchup. He flat smothered Jalen Blackmon. Be curious to watch his development. 

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

They traveled a long way for that game. I assumed it was the Rock Island area on the south side of Chicago but it looks like the city of Rock Island is next to Davenport, IA.

The event was played in Washington, IL so it wasn't a terribly long drive for Culver.  It's called the Kevin Brown Memorial Tournament of Champions but it's not a true tournament as teams just play a single game.  And yes the team in question is from the quad cities area on the IL/IA border.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:54 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For those of you in the Fort Wayne area, CMA plays at Fort Wayne Wayne this Saturday afternoon.  Tipoff scheduled for 3:30 

Reminder about Galloway's game Saturday afternoon.  I believe there may be a stream of the game available through:

http://summitcitysports.com/lm-sport/boys-basketball/

On 12/3/2019 at 2:54 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For those of you in the Fort Wayne area, CMA plays at Fort Wayne Wayne this Saturday afternoon.  Tipoff scheduled for 3:30 

Is his dad back coaching yet?

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Is his dad back coaching yet?

No, he was given a 4-game suspension and they've only played a single game.  They play game #2 tonight in Chicago against Chicago Military Academy; #3 tomorrow in Fort Wayne and #4 will be next week at Zionsville.  His first game back on the sidelines will be against Bloomington South in the Forum Tipoff Classic.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No, he was given a 4-game suspension and they've only played a single game.  They play game #2 tonight in Chicago against Chicago Military Academy; #3 tomorrow in Fort Wayne and #4 will be next week at Zionsville.  His first game back on the sidelines will be against Bloomington South in the Forum Tipoff Classic.

I couldn't remember how long he got. For some reason seemed like 1 or 2 games but 4 seems like too much