Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I tend to agree based on what we have to go on.

Heck, North Side, a public school, was recruiting like crazy for/with Brooks and our favorite Austin Boucher. I think the Krofts as well. I think Brooks was the natural.

FW Luers used to be notorious recruiters for football and basketball. Still are I think but to a lesser extent.

Culver recruits for Hockey believe it or not. The have the best program in the state.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I absolutely believe that.  They've been great at hockey for a long time.

Details on Culver's probation and Mark Galloway's 4-game suspension.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/10/21/indiana-high-school-basketball-culver-academies-placed-probation-ihsaa-mark-galloway/4055693002/

Culver Head of Schools Dr. Doug Bird told IndyStar via email the infractions resulted from a violation ofRule 15-2.5, when the ”boys basketball program conducted an open workout outside the prescribed period for limited contact which also included alumni participation. This event occurred during Culver’s Reunion Weekend and was intended to engage alumni with our coaching staff and student-athletes."

Yeah, not even necessarily for Indiana, just for the kid, Culver, and family.

I doubt it has to do with Indiana in any way at all.

But at the surface, without details, it’s a bad look for the Galloway’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

With the details out now is this still a bad look for the Galloway’s in your opinion?

13 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Details on Culver's probation and Mark Galloway's 4-game suspension.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/10/21/indiana-high-school-basketball-culver-academies-placed-probation-ihsaa-mark-galloway/4055693002/

Culver Head of Schools Dr. Doug Bird told IndyStar via email the infractions resulted from a violation ofRule 15-2.5, when the ”boys basketball program conducted an open workout outside the prescribed period for limited contact which also included alumni participation. This event occurred during Culver’s Reunion Weekend and was intended to engage alumni with our coaching staff and student-athletes."

Is the IHSAA staffed by small town cops? Seems like they throw the book at you for absolutely nothing.

With the details out now is this still a bad look for the Galloway’s in your opinion?

With details, absolutely not. Seems like a sham.

I mean I don’t like that he’s suspended but, wow this seems weak.

With details, absolutely not. Seems like a sham.

I mean I don’t like that he’s suspended but, wow this seems weak.

some of the scouts that focus on Indiana high school basketball have said this happens all time throughout the season. Makes you wonder if they did this because Culver isn’t a public school

some of the scouts that focus on Indiana high school basketball have said this happens all time throughout the season. Makes you wonder if they did this because Culver isn’t a public school

I know it happens in Huntington and we really don’t have much anymore athletically.

Is the ISHAA as active in other sports? I know they have limited transfers for basketball players but wondered if they were involved at all in sports like soccer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, I think they had an ax to grind with Culver and wanted to grind it anyway they could. Seems this is the best they could come up with.

That’s my opinion.

Yeah, I think they had an ax to grind with Culver and wanted to grind it anyway they could. Seems this is the best they could come up with.

That’s my opinion.

Yeah agreed. It would happen to Canterbury before Homestead. Unfortunately

Galloway's first game of the new season is tonight against Indianapolis Home School.  CMA game streams are available at:

https://livestream.com/culveracademies               

CMA's schedule can be found at:  https://culverathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

So bookmark both and you  can follow Trey throughout his senior season.