Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

Really, does it make a difference? It doesn't improve our won/loss record.  Won't change the perception of the program. That will happen on the court. Anything outside the top 30 is pure guessing anyways.

I’m sure it matters somewhat to the player. If I was in his position it would be cool to get some legitimate recognition and validation for all the work I put in over the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Hoosier Roots said:

I’m sure it matters somewhat to the player. If I was in his position it would be cool to get some legitimate recognition and validation for all the work I put in over the summer.

Your are correct sir. But, I don't think it a bummer if no big jump if I were him. Still committing to the state school to play basketball. That seems like a big deal to me. At least it would've been in my day!

30 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Culver doing a lot of traveling this upcoming season so if you would like to see Galloway play in person this might be your chance.

The schedule on the school website isn’t finalized yet but looks like road games vs. Zionsville, Bloomington South, Lawrence Central, Attucks, FW Wayne & North, Warsaw.

The Bloomington South game is part of the FORUM Tipoff Classic.  Great lineup of teams with highly regarded prospects for that event.   I pulled the below from their FaceBook page.  https://www.facebook.com/FORUMTipoffClassic/

The seventh Annual FORUM Tipoff Classic presented by FORUM Credit Union is set for Decmeber 14, 2019 at the Historic Southport Fieldhouse.

It is a loaded slate of games, and here is the full schedule

12:00 – Southport v Greensburg
1:40 – Brownsburg v. Heritage Hills
3:20 – Hamilton Southeastern v Gary West Side
5:00 – Carmel v Evansville Reitz
6:40 – Silver Creek v Ft. Wayne Blackhawk Christian
8:30 – Bloomington South v Culver Academy

We look forward to everyone joining us at Southport for the biggest one day event in the regular season.

Culver Academy placed on probation for upcoming season and coach Mark Galloway suspended 4 games.   No other details at the moment.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/10/21/indiana-high-school-basketball-culver-academies-placed-probation-ihsaa-mark-galloway/4055693002/

I mean I guess if IU is somehow involved but if that were the case I’m sure we would have heard something before now.

Yeah, not even necessarily for Indiana, just for the kid, Culver, and family.

I doubt it has to do with Indiana in any way at all.

But at the surface, without details, it’s a bad look for the Galloway’s.

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, not even necessarily for Indiana, just for the kid, Culver, and family.

I doubt it has to do with Indiana in any way at all.

But at the surface, without details, it’s a bad look for the Galloway’s.

^^Yup. This is where I am on this one^^

I would bet, based on what the IHSAA is asking for, this is a "recruiting" issue.  Culver has kids from everywhere.  Having coached at private schools and having kids who attend them, I can tell you with experience it's all but impossible to avoid bending the rules, almost without trying.  People talk when they're out and social.  Parents and coaches talk at middle school AAU events. 

People at one school try to convince kids to attend that school almost in passing.  My kids have friends who all the time try to convince them to transfer, and a baseball coach at a rival school busted my son's chops to transfer just this past summer.  My bet?  Galloway proactively reached out to player(s) and family/families without kid making first contact to school.   4 games seems appropriate for that kind of violation.   My guess is it's absolutely nothing.

I tend to agree based on what we have to go on.

Heck, North Side, a public school, was recruiting like crazy for/with Brooks and our favorite Austin Boucher. I think the Krofts as well. I think Brooks was the natural.

FW Luers used to be notorious recruiters for football and basketball. Still are I think but to a lesser extent.

Culver recruits for Hockey believe it or not. The have the best program in the state.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app