Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

18 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

You can have a low release point as long as your release is quick. Galloway appears to be able to put it up quick enough to offset the low release. That said, the numbers make me think his shot needs some work.

Regardless, this is probably my favorite player in the state from 2020 and the one I was really hoping we’d get. I think we got a diamond in the rough. Not an immediate impact player but a guy that’s good for the culture and could develop into a very good player. I really like his ability to finish around the rim and through contact. 

See : Brian Evans

You’ll have to clarify; I was 4 years old when he began his college career.

IMG_1865.thumb.jpg.a49b671e36396f23cc4d6e047a2f14c1.jpg

His shot got off so quick. So smooth and pure. I guarantee every person in this picture knew that shot was going in. Felt like Hulls to be honest when the ball left his hand.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Bigred3588 said:

??     He had a low start to his shot.   That's why I quoted what I did and put it in bold.   What do you need clarified?

General rule of thumb for me if a guy has a weird shot but goes in a lot (Reggie Miller) you leave him alone. 

If it doesn’t go in a lot you change his shot. 

Will have to see about Treys shot in college 

For sure on this. That is why his tinkering in HS and percentages have me thinking about it.

I have more confidence in him figuring it out than Justin Smith though.

42 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

For sure on this. That is why his tinkering in HS and percentages have me thinking about it.

Based on percentages and his hurt wrist in high school I think Trey can is more than capable of shooting 35+% from three and that’s really all he needs to be able to do. The other facets of his game are too good. 

6 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

For starters..He was a freshman red-shirt and ended up B1G POY.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

IDK. Part of me thinks Smith was just trying to hard to be an all around player last year. He didn’t really seem to have a role last year. 

Maybe that will be different 

6 hours ago, Old Friend said:

??     He had a low start to his shot.   That's why I quoted what I did and put it in bold.   What do you need clarified?

I didn’t know if you were agreeing with my comment or citing Brian Evans as a counter to what I was saying.

My bad man, it’s just a little difficult to decipher the meaning of your post when it’s limited to the name of a player that I’m not old enough to remember.

6 hours ago, mdn82 said:

His shot got off so quick. So smooth and pure. I guarantee every person in this picture knew that shot was going in. Felt like Hulls to be honest when the ball left his hand.

Ahh ok. Makes a lot more sense now. We could really use that kind of shooter at the moment.

13 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Evans did have a shot that seemed like it was always going in but If Galloway plays half as tough and determined as Evans did then IU will be in good shape during his 4 years. The thing I will always remember about Evans is when he dislocated his shoulder and then forced it back in during a game. I think he did that a couple of times that season. 

Evans did have a shot that seemed like it was always going in but If Galloway plays half as tough and determined as Evans did then IU will be in good shape during his 4 years. The thing I will always remember about Evans is when he dislocated his shoulder and then forced it back in during a game. I think he did that a couple of times that season. 

Yes he did. I am not at all insinuating these two are close as a player. One is 6’4” and the other was 6’8”. I think the comparison came earlier in reference to how they get their shots off. This kid is not the shooter Evans was. I think he will be one hell of a 4 year get. But as freshman I am not sure he moves the needle. I think we still have to hope for player development.

6 minutes ago, patrickmorriso9 said:

When does 247 update their rankings, Galloway is supposed to make a big jump right?

Really, does it make a difference? It doesn't improve our won/loss record.  Won't change the perception of the program. That will happen on the court. Anything outside the top 30 is pure guessing anyways.