Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

Archie did eat Izzos lunch last year he did a good job too cad he couldn’t replicate the performance. 

I don’t think Izzo cares too much he made the tourney after all. Basically all we accomplished is they didn’t win their title outright. 

47 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

My point?

The transitive property of 'which coach owns which coach' is random, malleable, and not especially compelling.

I guess it's all relative, but 0-4 is pretty compelling to me. Watching the games, as I did, makes it even more compelling.

You brought in overall records, but that wasn't really the point I was making. All I said at this point in their short tenures, Holtmann owns Archie. To me, that's almost the same as saying Holtmann is undefeated against Archie. That statement is 100% verifiable and compelling to me.

Didn't mean to offend anyone.  Obviously, my hope is that the tables turn in the very near future.

7 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I guess it's all relative, but 0-4 is pretty compelling to me. Watching the games, as I did, makes it even more compelling.

You brought in overall records, but that wasn't really the point I was making. All I said at this point in their short tenures, Holtmann owns Archie. To me, that's almost the same as saying Holtmann is undefeated against Archie. That statement is 100% verifiable and compelling to me.

Didn't mean to offend anyone.  Obviously, my hope is that the tables turn in the very near future.

Not offended; I guess I'm a little annoyed at the glass is half empty mantra that has been featured by a few the past few weeks, with absolutely nothing having changed this month other than the temptation to give in  to the lack of any recent news.

When it gets to the bottom line, the staff will judged on how their collective performance equates to wins and losses.

Not offended; I guess I'm a little annoyed at the glass is half empty mantra that has been featured by a few the past few weeks, with absolutely nothing having changed this month other than the temptation to give in  to the lack of any recent news.
When it gets to the bottom line, the staff will judged on how their collective performance equates to wins and losses.

It really seems as though the change of rules of recruiting is taking its toll on news, but yeah I really don’t understand what people want in July.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If OSU landed Leal and Galloway, Miller would pretty much be done for.

I actually think that Holtman is trying to go ahead and finish off IU. Being at Butler must have made him hate IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can one of the “realists” please help me understand why this is a post us sunshine pumpers shouldn’t absolutely trash?

Ditto. I haven’t seen any of our targets commit anywhere else, have they? Maybe the one Kansas State kid if you want to nitpick.

Many are here just to complain and whine...

17 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Underwhelming to you correct? not everyone

^^Bingo^^

Since this is the Trey Galloway thread, let me go on record as saying:

There is nothing underwhelming or in any way anything other than extraordinarily excellent news to be taken from Trey Galloway commitment to IU.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Whoa, you're already warming up your negative take on recruiting targets in case we get good news that they've committed?

Negative and realistic are two different mindsets. People are excited because we may get the best kids from the state. But frankly the cornerstones from our class being sub 100 recruits is underwhelming regardless where they are from. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Negative and realistic are two different mindsets. People are excited because we may get the best kids from the state. But frankly the cornerstones from our class being sub 100 recruits is underwhelming regardless where they are from. 

Red herring.

No one said that Trey Galloway is projected to be a "cornerstone". Much moreso that he would be a fantastic addition. 

Cornerstones? TJD, healthy Hunter, Phinisee, some of those 25-75 recruits we have a real shot with.