Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2020) SG Trey Galloway To IU

We are so desperate as a fanbase for a commit we will celebrate it like he is the next Pistol Pete!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Desperate? For a 2020 commit? I won't get desperate until late Fall at the earliest.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I like this kid, and would personally take him over Leal I think.

He's a rising prospect who is supposedly a good defensive player, which is something we always seem to need.

Can we get the top flight kids to go along with him?  That would make me like Galloway even more.

Desperate? For a 2020 commit? I won't get desperate until late Fall at the earliest.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No, not for 2020. Just in general. It’s been a lot of misses.

I’ve said before I like Galloway. It will be a nice pickup.

But I’m tired of the trend of thinking every recruit we get is the next best thing and everyone we miss was overrated. The predictability of it all has me jaded.

Just ready to win some games and be a program I can be proud of versus the one it is now that is the 3rd or 4th best program in the state.

Each football and basketball recruit is lauded. Then they play the games. I’m a lot like Dakich I guess.

No, not for 2020. Just in general. It’s been a lot of misses.

I’ve said before I like Galloway. It will be a nice pickup.

But I’m tired of the trend of thinking every recruit we get is the next best thing and everyone we miss was overrated. The predictability of it all has me jaded.

Just ready to win some games and be a program I can be proud of versus the one it is now that is the 3rd or 4th best program in the state.

Each football and basketball recruit is lauded. Then they play the games. I’m a lot like Dakich I guess.

You’ve got yourself jaded Doc. People seem to approach almost all recruits outside of 5 and high 4 star prospects with a healthy dose of skepticism.

You’ve got yourself jaded Doc. People seem to approach almost all recruits outside of 5 and high 4 star prospects with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I suppose. Not since Archie has taken over. It seems the honeymoon is over now, though. After all, he’s “Learning the lay of the land”. I don’t know how much pressure Archie is feeling but a bad year this year creates a red hot seat.

Admittedly frustrated. Very frustrated.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

This season jaded me a bit too. That losing streak was hard to swallow. It not only killed our chances at a successful season but took the wind out of our sails from a momentum and excitement standpoint.

The hardest part was watching us go through the motions with little effort and drive. So when we are recruiting guys that are known for being competitors like Galloway I am super excited. He won’t set the world on fire if he committed but I think he would be a great piece for us and set us in the right direction

This. I wish we would have had a roster full of under recruited, hard nosed players to set the cultural tone the first few seasons under Archie and Co. but it didn’t happen. I’m not as concerned with won/loss record as others but want to see players who fit and buy in. When the foundation is poured we can worry about shiny things.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app