Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB at Wisconsin - 1/2/18 @ 7:00 E.T.

I know it's early in the Miller era but it's like watching the exact same crap when Crean was here. No defense, stupid turnovers and just crap to watch. All we heard was Miller was a defensive guy but all I see night in and night out is wide open 3s

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

There is a common denominator. The guys in the uniform. The most inept collection, ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, CandyStripers said:

Isn't it the coaches job to get their IQ up?

Stupid people are stupid people my friend.  You can teach people to do better in lapses, which I’ve seen done, but through the course of 40 minutes... that’s on the players mental make up.  You got to want it. 

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I feel bad for Coach Miller. People are going to presume that it’s his fault.  These kids have no emotion and no basketball IQ.  I hope we get  more transfers.  

CAM on Senior Day(contains salty language)

CAM on Senior Day(contains salty language)
[/url]  

I really wish we would have just started fresh. It's a wash of a season (as I said a few weeks ago-and got attacked for reading what I see of this team). Anyone that knows basketball knows this team doesn't have it and won't get it. Lack skill, IQ,athleticism, shooting. We lack so much. And our coach isn't performing any miracles. We arguably aren't getting any better. Next season is likely to be rough too, but at least we will have new blood.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I feel bad for Coach Miller. People are going to presume that it’s his fault.  These kids have no emotion and no basketball IQ.  I hope we get  more transfers.  

Bingo. This isn’t Archie’s fault at all. I feel bad for him as well. This year’s roster is full of players he definitely would not have recruited himself and all he can do is deal with it and do the best he can with what he has. These kids (aside from a couple) just don’t look like they want to have to play as hard as Archie wants them to. If any of them want to transfer after this season because they feel like this isn’t what they signed up for when they came to IU for Crean then so be it. I’m surely gonna continue to root them on this year, but it’s gonna give me headaches and heartaches. Next year’s roster is gonna be full of players who want to play for and believe in ARCHIE and the results/differences are gonna show. 

Don't get me I wrong I didn't expect them to make a F4 run or anything. But I didn't expect them to lose by 40 points at home to IPFW and Indiana St. It's definitely not all on Miller but it's not just the players either. It's players, coaching, and my life going down the f#!%g toilet!