Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB at Wisconsin - 1/2/18 @ 7:00 E.T.

A new calendar year and hopefully a better one for IU basketball.  IU (8-6) (1-1) to take on the Badgers (8-7) (1-1) in Madison.  

Game Notes

Live Stats

Radio

Game is televised on ESPN.

NEWS & NOTES
• The Hoosiers last win in Madison came in 1998, a 69-59 triumph just 8 days after the Kohl Center opened.

•  Junior Juwan Morgan is 2nd in the Big Ten in scoring (18.4) during the month of December.  He is 3rd in rebounding (8.9) and 5th in field goal percentage (61.4%).  During the first two Big Ten games, Morgan was 5th in the league in scoring (19.5) and rebounding (9.0).

•   Senior Robert Johnson is now in 39th place on the IU all-time scoring list with 1,154 points and sixth on the school's all-time list with 196 treys.  Cody Zeller is 38th with 1,157 career points and Tom Coverdale is fifth all-time with 200 three-point field goals.

•   Redshirt junior walk-on Zach McRoberts has averaged 8.0 points in his last 3 games.  He had an IU career-high nine points against Fort Wayne and added eight against Tennessee Tech.  He also is averaging 6.5 rebounds in the last 4 games.

•  Fifth-year senior Collin Hartman had a career-high 12 rebounds against Fort Wayne. Since the 2014-15 season, IU is 51-24 in games he has played and 20-21 in games he has not played during that time frame.

•  Fifth-year senior Josh Newkirk had a season-high 20 points against Tennessee Tech.  The Hoosiers are 4-1 when he scores 17 or more during his career.  The only loss came last year when he had 22 against Wisconsin in Madison.

•  IU is 5-1 when scoring 80 points or more this season and 5-0 when holding teams below 70 points.

•  IU is 5-0 when they shoot better than 70 percent from the line this season.

• IU held YSU to 51 points, 33.9% shooting from the field and .08% (2/25) from three-point range, all season-best defensive numbers for the Hoosiers.

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

This isn't the typical Wisconsin team, we have to kick them while they are down.

I know we are down too, but this is as good of an opportunity as ever to grab a win at the Kohl center

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Absolutely. IU won’t have a better chance of winning at Wisconsin than they do tonight

Wiscy will do just enough to get the win. There will be 3-4 maddening calls. A scrub will go off. The game will be played at a snails pace with the teams FG% as low as the weather outside.

Hopefully Davis can get more than a handful of minutes before picking up his second foul in the first half.

Hopefully we value the ball or we could be in the teens for points in the first half.

Hopefully we hit a few open shots in the first half.

This isn't a good, or even decent, Wiscy team. Hopefully we don't make them look like the dream team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wiscy will do just enough to get the win. There will be 3-4 maddening calls. A scrub will go off. The game will be played at a snails pace with the teams FG% as low as the weather outside.

Hopefully Davis can get more than a handful of minutes before picking up his second foul in the first half.

Hopefully we value the ball or we could be in the teens for points in the first half.

Hopefully we hit a few open shots in the first half.

This isn't a good, or even decent, Wiscy team. Hopefully we don't make them look like the dream team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Students still on Christmas break, should help a little. Yes, wisky always has a scrub go off against us seems

Students still on Christmas break, should help a little. Yes, wisky always has a scrub go off against us seems

Does their student section even make noise when they're there? It's never seemed to be an overly loud student section.

Does their student section even make noise when they're there? It's never seemed to be an overly loud student section.

Yeah I thought that as soon as I hit send. Probably should’ve thought a lil longer on that one huh

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Playing in a multi sport (hockey, basketball) arena sterilizes the crowd. O$U always sounds dead too aside from the 10 you hear near the floor mic.