Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Penn is going to be tough to stop in a couple years.  This team is going to lose a lot of production with Buss and Cahill.

About time Buss got a break, she's averaging almost 40 minutes a game; as good as she is that is going to take a toll.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

Should, but I don't see it happening.  Not with this AD.

Yeah, as happy as I was that Glass went ahead and fired a reigning coach of the year instead of waiting to see more inevitable failure, this is a non-revenue sport, making it easier for him to just sweep it under the rug.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Yeah, as happy as I was that Glass went ahead and fired a reigning coach of the year instead of waiting to see more inevitable failure, this is a non-revenue sport, making it easier for him to just sweep it under the rug.

He waited too long to fire a subpar coach when it was his most recognizable program.  This time?  He'll absolutely hang on to a subpar coach for too long, who cares if said coach wasted two of the best players this program has had.  Even if he did do the right thing and pull the plug there's no guarantee he'll do his job and actually conduct a coaching search.

Lets just say its very irresponsible on his part since he assuredly knows the things that I know have gone on in this program under moren. And he knows that a lot of people around the program know and it's hurting our ability to recruit top talent in-state. We should be landing emily kiser, amy dilk, rikki harris, mackenzie blazek..i would be happy with just one of these players we didn't land a single one. Instead they're headed to michigan, illinois, Ohio state ect. I can understand losing players to notre dame..but illinois??!?! Is glass really gonna ignore how local talent would increase $$$ made by the program and put infinitely more fans in the stands.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

It's a real shame that Curt Miller got himself fired. That guy would've won the Big Ten by now. I'm not a HUGE follower of IUWBB, but I know enough to know that this program should be top 5 in the Big Ten every year.

Curt miller had kia nurse (uconn) considering IU..in his 1st or second year. He had tyra buss and Whitney Jennings fighting over 1 scholarship, therefore securing an early commit from buss. When people call moren a good recruiter it makes me think about where this program would be if players like:

brooks(wsu 20 ppg)
stratman(moren denied transfer/eligibility butler 13ppg, 7r 30% 3pt shooter)
muensterman (belmont 10 ppg 45% 3pt shooter)
walter (omaha 13ppg)
Foresman (6'3 athletic post, high potential..lost love of basketball??)
Agler (Ohio 8 ppg 4.1 ast)

had remained in this program

And not only that..what caliber kids would we be landing now? So much pressure would be lifted from buss and Cahill who now have been pressured to perform at their max abilities night after night just to scrape by

But I'm trying my best to look to the future..but of all the transfers/quitting this program has faced..these would have been great hoosiers. And imagine how deep this team would be just keeping half of those kids

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

He had tyra buss and Whitney Jennings fighting over 1 scholarship, therefore securing an early commit from buss. When people call moren a good recruiter it makes me think about where this program would be if players like:

Curt Miller was never going to land Whitney Jennings.  I am personally acquainted with the family and know this to be a fact.

Curt Miller was never going to land Whitney Jennings.  I am personally acquainted with the family and know this to be a fact.

Yeah and part of it was the fact that buss is a very very similar player and miller put a lot of pressure on kids to commit. Jennings had many high offers and wasn't going to be put under pressure like that to commit. My point being he had heightened local interest. And that's probably how he got buss.. I also know the Jennings' and know Whitney wasn't headed here as well, and neither was kia nurse once buss committed. It's more the point that we had top tier talent in the state interested in playing for iu. Was McLaughlin even mildly interested in IU either time she was available?