Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB @ Michigan State - 4 pm ET/BTN

B1G season starts tonight with the Lady Hoosiers (7-6) facing the Spartanettes (10-3).

Game Notes

Radio

Live Stats

TV - ($)

Tidbits -

TWO RECORDS FALL
Senior guard Tyra Buss broke her first school record against Virginia on Dec. 18 when she made six free throws to be the program's all-time leader in free throws made (516). In addition, she set another school record at Yale, getting to the line three times to own the record in free throws attempted (690). She is quickly approaching the school scoring record, holding 1,872 points and needs just 46 points to break Denise Jackson's 1,917 points set in 1983-84. 

Category (Number To Break Record)
Steals - 19
Points scored - 46
Assists - 72

CAHILL MAKES HER MARK
Senior Amanda Cahill will also move her way up in the IU record books this season, already making her mark in points scored and rebounds. She's just the fifth-ever player to record over 1,400 points and 900 rebounds as she ranks fourth all-time with 932 rebounds and 12th in scoring with 1,496 points. 

KYM'S IMPROVEMENT
Junior forward Kym Royster's play to start the season is one of the best improvements of any player in the Big Ten. The Newark, Ohio native is averaging 11.5 points per contest and has scored in double figures in seven games this season. Her +7.2 points per game this season is one of the best improvements in the Big Ten, ranking fourth among all returning players. She has also picked up nearly as many offensive boards (37) as defensive (50) while averaging 6.7 rebounds per game.

PENN PUTS UP POINTS
Freshman guard Jaelynn Penn continues to put points on the board for Indiana, as she averages 9.0 points and 5.5 rebounds through 13 games of her rookie season. She has scored in double figures four times and ranks seventh in scoring amongst all Big Ten freshman this season. She also ranks in the top 10 amongst all freshmen in including third in rebounds per game and sixth in assists (2.2). 

BENDU IN DOUBLE FIGURES
Freshman guard Bendu Yeaney posted her sixth game in double figures and has been in double-digits for two consecutive games, coming off a 14-point performance at Yale, one point shy of her season-high. The Portland, Ore. native is putting up 7.1 points and 4.5 rebounds in 11 appearances this season.

Lady Hoosiers open conference play with a 68-46 loss to MSU.    Yeaney our leading scorer with 13; Cahill 12; Penn 9; Buss 8.  Royster with 8 rebounds followed by Yeaney with 7.   Totally outplayed.   29% FG to 51% for MSU; outrebounded by 11.

Next game is Sunday afternoon at 2:00 in Columbus, OH against O$U. 

It only took until Thanksgiving for me to realize this team was going nowhere.

Has Moren made this program better? Her recruiting has been decent, but I'm not sure the program is any better off now than it was 4 years ago. We have the best player in program history approaching 2,000 career points and we're probably going to be in the NIT again if we're fortunate.

It only took until Thanksgiving for me to realize this team was going nowhere.

Has Moren made this program better? Her recruiting has been decent, but I'm not sure the program is any better off now than it was 4 years ago. We have the best player in program history approaching 2,000 career points and we're probably going to be in the NIT again if we're fortunate.

The gear, stipends, and endless resources tend to sell p5 programs to recruits. I think that, more than CTM is responsible for the recruiting..especially since the recruits have VERY limited time around moren during the process. Coach banks and wierzba are definitely more charismatic and can sell the program.

At the end of games when we are down/up 20 points and other teams pull their starters we leave our starting five on the floor. Stupid things like that drive me crazy. The girls have been told by the staff to tweet about how happy they are at iu and how much they love their teammates.

This train has got to be coming to an end soon

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

50 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

The gear, stipends, and endless resources tend to sell p5 programs to recruits. I think that, more than CTM is responsible for the recruiting..especially since the recruits have VERY limited time around moren during the process. Coach banks and wierzba are definitely more charismatic and can sell the program.

At the end of games when we are down/up 20 points and other teams pull their starters we leave our starting five on the floor. Stupid things like that drive me crazy. The girls have been told by the staff to tweet about how happy they are at iu and how much they love their teammates.

31- I may have missed this in these threads, but what's your connection to IUWBB?  You bring a ton of great insight and information here!!

31- I may have missed this in these threads, but what's your connection to IUWBB?  You bring a ton of great insight and information here!!

I don't really like to divulge my sources but I have a relationship with multiple former players, coaches, and several current admin and players. I like knowing these people because it helps me to separate fact and fiction and see a story from many sides

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

I don't really like to divulge my sources but I have a relationship with multiple former players, coaches, and several current admin and players. I like knowing these people because it helps me to separate fact and fiction and see a story from many sides

Your info is much appreciated and those relationships you have are very valuable and don't ever pass along any info to us that would jeopardize those relationships no matter how hard we might beg and cry!!   :92:

51 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Definitely echo 66's sentiments!  That's what makes this board awesome- we have many who know the program from several angles, and they respect their sources!  

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

I can't wait till the day that IU athletics becomes a department of actions and not words. That little snippet at the end of your post is pandemic throughout all sports.

"Tis' better to appear to be good than to actually be good" - Cool Dad