Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Josh

Youngstown State game thread

4 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Not at all. Just sucks to have the same 5 posters spewing the negativity all the time. Not sure why you and the Crean haters are so hung up on bringing him up all the time- maybe time to move on?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We have moved on. What really sucks is most of his players/recruits haven’t. That will change sooner than later with a real coach in charge. I will admit to being one of the earliest “Crean haters” and I took a lot of flak from posters like you. I guess a victory lap is bittersweet for those Crean apologists that defended him for so long.

Solid win—lots to work on but that one works to shake off the holiday rust. Good to see the freshmen get some playing time and contribute positively. After a pathetic first half It was good to see IU put up 50 in the second half! Now let’s sneak a win at Wisconsin ...and get the Big Ten started right!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Better second half. That's not saying much though.

Our shooting is still awful. Across the board. McBob is fun to watch.
Devonte Green had one of his worst games. I'm at a loss with these guys, but I'll be tuned in for the next game to see what unfolds.

We have moved on. What really sucks is most of his players/recruits haven’t. That will change sooner than later with a real coach in charge. I will admit to being one of the earliest “Crean haters” and I took a lot of flak from posters like you. I guess a victory lap is bittersweet for those Crean apologists that defended him for so long.

Not going to address the rest of this, but you never ever took heat from me for hating Crean. I called you out for saying the same stuff every time you posted, and several times admonished for personal attacks/name calling on Crean. I don’t care who likes who.

7 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Not going to address the rest of this, but you never ever took heat from me for hating Crean. I called you out for saying the same stuff every time you posted, and several times admonished for personal attacks/name calling on Crean. I don’t care who likes who.

Oh, I thought you were talking about Crean lol. Now we’re getting to the real reason you quoted me in the first place. Who’s attacking now?

Oh, I thought you were talking about Crean lol. Now we’re getting to the real reason you quoted me in the first place. Who’s attacking now?

Probably best to take your disagreement to PMs gentlemen.

Forgot to extend timer and missed the last 7 mins or so AGAIN. Glad Smith got more run finally. Need the game to slow down for him. And Green, I dunno what to think. That was definitely some hot garbage against a weak team. Feel bad for Durham getting some bad calls on him. We are honestly going no where in conference with this trash shooting. I'd just give a full green light to McRoberts getting lost on the perimeter at this point lol. Super boring game imo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

I think it's becoming more and more evident that McRoberts is our 2nd best player or at least 2nd most important player hands down. He does all the intangibles that leads to winning. That kid deserves a scholly RIGHT NOW!

He is for sure and a great example of why the inside out strategy could work.  We need to offer that kid from Castle and land TJD and Brooks. 

Announcer said earlier we are in the 300 range in 3 point shooting. How could any Indiana team be that bad? 

Heading into the game we are giving up 74 a game. I know we just gave up 50 but it’s cause they are a worse shooting team than us. This might be the worst collection of “team defenders” I have ever seen. I will be happy once there is some light at the end of that tunnel.

Heading into the game we are giving up 74 a game. I know we just gave up 50 but it’s cause they are a worse shooting team than us. This might be the worst collection of “team defenders” I have ever seen. I will be happy once there is some light at the end of that tunnel.

Im going to get hammered for this but could our shooting woes be tied to our strength program? How else does almost every returning player get worse at the line and from behind the arc?

Im going to get hammered for this but could our shooting woes be tied to our strength program? How else does almost every returning player get worse at the line and from behind the arc?

Could be putting on too much muscle or something could be effecting their flexibility

Could be putting on too much muscle or something could be effecting their flexibility

Who looks noticeably bigger than last year? RoJo and Newkirk were both built last year and shot fine. Hartman has been big for years.

Archie has to find a way to get Davis engaged again. The dude could possibly be top 3 big in Big ten but he goes through massive disinterested streaks, like last year. I disagree about him not being more athletic. He's had a few plays that were way more explosive than last year and his foul issue has slowed. He was pissed off during that Seton Hall and Duke game and it showed in his production. I'd load McRoberts on his side since the dumps are decent and he can at least hit a 3, lol.

Archie has to find a way to get Davis engaged again. The dude could possibly be top 3 big in Big ten but he goes through massive disinterested streaks, like last year. I disagree about him not being more athletic. He's had a few plays that were way more explosive than last year and his foul issue has slowed. He was pissed off during that Seton Hall and Duke game and it showed in his production. I'd load McRoberts on his side since the dumps are decent and he can at least hit a 3, lol.

Yep, he showed during the Duke game what he is capable of but that sucks because he rarely plays like that.

He could be an Ethan Happ for us, smart, solid footwork and a workhorse near the basket but will always be lacking in the athleticism department and often effort and determination