Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Looking to 2018-2019 season

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This sounds pretty good. If Romeo, I'd like to see Romeo at the 2, and get some size with him at the 3. Maybe Hunter or Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah that could work with Hunter or McRoberts at the 3. I have yet to see Smith's ability to play on the perimeter. 

He is also 23, and has a developed body. I hope Freddie is better than a developmental 18 year old prospect that isn’t close to filling out. Redshirting two prospects before a large class would be a horrible idea.

Because we have redshirted once doesn’t mean we are going to do it often. It just isn’t common anymore. There were a special set of circumstances that led to this. Race should be a high school senior and wanted to come. We had an open scholly for 2017-18 season that allowed us to do it. Not normal.

I also think he has been rehabilitating some sort of injury. I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure. Ankle or knee or something.

I wouldn't expect the redshirt to be used hardly ever. Top 100 kids want to play right away.

So, I'm agreeing to mdn.

He is also 23, and has a developed body. I hope Freddie is better than a developmental 18 year old prospect that isn’t close to filling out. Redshirting two prospects before a large class would be a horrible idea.

Because we have redshirted once doesn’t mean we are going to do it often. It just isn’t common anymore. There were a special set of circumstances that led to this. Race should be a high school senior and wanted to come. We had an open scholly for 2017-18 season that allowed us to do it. Not normal.

Bottom line is not everyone is going to play despite the fact people somehow find minutes for every single player coming in. Reality is often much different once a kid arrives on campus verses the hype people give them before they arrive. We will see but right now Moore is obviously nowhere near ready for minutes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Bottom line is not everyone is going to play despite the fact people somehow find minutes for every single player coming in. Reality is often much different once a kid arrives on campus verses the hype people give them before they arrive. We will see but right now Moore is obviously nowhere near ready for minutes.

I don’t disagree with that. I was just speaking purely on the redshirt discussion. Different time. That will hardly be used. Whether or not he transfers? I don’t know. Nationally there is over a 2 per team average over the last couple of years. I won’t bet against that either.

One of the biggest issues we had under the previous coach was players being "given" time before they practiced. I really hope CAM and Co. are recruiting with the recruits understanding they have to earn everything. That creates a much different environment. If we get to that point we'll see players like Moore emerge after a few years in the S&C program and a better feel for the system. If we're not playing the game that other top teams are we need to have upperclassmen led teams that can outsmart and outwork the big boys.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don’t disagree with that. I was just speaking purely on the redshirt discussion. Different time. That will hardly be used. Whether or not he transfers? I don’t know. Nationally there is over a 2 per team average over the last couple of years. I won’t bet against that either.

Somebody will leave like you said or ever multiple players. Who they are we don't know yet. I expect we add a grad transfer or even two.

I have no idea what the team will look like next year, but I expect it to be significantly different. CAM seems to want tighter rotations and expects playing time to be earned in practice. The most disturbing comment I have heard him make about Moore is that he is still learning the game. Given the kids coming in and those we are recruiting, it's hard for me to see a place for Moore going forward unless he makes a sudden and dramatic leap.

On 12/26/2017 at 10:35 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

As this current season is kind of a wash for me, from a perspective of expectations, I think a looking forward thread is in order to project (or not) light in the tunnel.

Current Roster:

Guards

1. Devonte Green

2. Rob Phinisee

3. Al Durham

Wings

4. Damezi Anderson

5. Jerome Hunter

6. Justin Smith

Bigs

7. Clifton Moore

8. Race Thompson

9. Juwan Morgan

10. Jake Forrester

11. DeRon Davis

A good roster if everyone stays and the youngsters develop accordingly. Top 5 in the Big ten would be my expectation. A win in the tourney would be nice as well. We will be verrrry young though.

I have no idea what the team will look like next year, but I expect it to be significantly different. CAM seems to want tighter rotations and expects playing time to be earned in practice. The most disturbing comment I have heard him make about Moore is that he is still learning the game. Given the kids coming in and those we are recruiting, it's hard for me to see a place for Moore going forward unless he makes a sudden and dramatic leap.
I agree. He'd need to make a massive jump.