Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

What is our linebacking core like right now? It seems like coaches didn't prioritize backers in this class. Did we get 2?! Maybe that's enough. Are they happy with the depth we have right now? Losing Scales and Covington is obviously huge. Do we still have Willis? Jones? Are they high on Burnam? Feels like depth is a major issue here. Hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, BabyJandJDaddy said:

What is our linebacking core like right now? It seems like coaches didn't prioritize backers in this class. Did we get 2?! Maybe that's enough. Are they happy with the depth we have right now? Losing Scales and Covington is obviously huge. Do we still have Willis? Jones? Are they high on Burnam? Feels like depth is a major issue here. Hope I'm wrong.

Willis, Jones, McGinnis, Burnam, Allen... those 5 for two spots... but moving Fitz to ILB is a possibility as well. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Willis, Jones, McGinnis, Burnam, Allen... those 5 for two spots... but moving Fitz to ILB is a possibility as well. 

There seemed to be a big drop off whenever we subbed for either Scales or Covington this past year. Hopefully with Ball coming back and if Fitz can be what he was touted to be, the regression will be minimized. 

On 12/24/2017 at 5:22 PM, BabyJandJDaddy said:

We should add 2-4 more as a whole. I believe. As Tom Allen mentioned this in his press conference after signing day. LB we should be fine as coaches are high on MO and company. Also we bring in several LBs with this class Cam Jones is and athlete that will be a Covington/Scales hybrid I college he’s 1 LB. McGinnis from last years class still has 1 year I believe, was behind our stars all year when he got in he looked decent. Thomas Allen will be interesting to see what he develops into. Aaron Casey is a safety/lb prospect. He could bulk up to outside Lb type player... Micah McFadden is also a sleeper in this years class. Watch his film 6’1” 220. Overall Wilson effed us with lbs. however Tom Allen has gone after athletic kids who can run and hit. I think we should be fine. We will be young but it will be okay. 

On 12/24/2017 at 6:27 PM, btownqb said:

Btown fitz will not be moved to LB. he will be the husky position player behind ball or if ball moves to safety or takes more snaps in secondary then fitz will be starting husky. As a close family friend with him through my brother...he will not be moving to LB. coaches want him at the husky or safety making plays on balls or surprise blitz from outside. He’s ready for winter and spring to begin. He’s got a lot of fire built up

Seeing a lot of new names pop up that could be IU targets (?) over the last couple of days...

3* WDE Jonathan King from Tampa Bay Tech (same program as Penix) decommitted from Oregon today, holds an IU offer. https://247sports.com/Player/Jonathan-King-90427

SDE Casey Rogers from Old Farm, CT was offered on the 26th...really interesting OV list (Alabama & OSU-both w/o offers) and Power 5 offers- Nebraska, Vandy, Cal, Rutger, etc. https://247sports.com/player/casey-rogers-46047416

Really like the Roof transfer as well, I believe his father was the Defense Coordinator at Georgia Tech and moved to NC State earlier in the week...never hurts to have a coach's kid on the sidelines!

59 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Keith Caton has been let go as strength and conditioning coach. I hope we go for ballou. He was my strength and conditioning coach at Avon. He went to IMG academy. Now he is co director of strength and conditioning at Notre Dame. 

Any reasons for letting Caton go? I thought he was doing a good job with the players.

1 hour ago, lucel15 said:

Keith Caton has been let go as strength and conditioning coach. I hope we go for ballou. He was my strength and conditioning coach at Avon. He went to IMG academy. Now he is co director of strength and conditioning at Notre Dame. 

My girlfriend says the same. 

2 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Any reasons for letting Caton go? I thought he was doing a good job with the players.

Idk I’m not here to start rumors. But it’s very fishy. I don’t have rumors just guesses. In my head. Maybe something tying him to Kevin Wilson has come about. 

On 12/28/2017 at 8:51 PM, MemphisHoosier said:

Seeing a lot of new names pop up that could be IU targets (?) over the last couple of days...

3* WDE Jonathan King from Tampa Bay Tech (same program as Penix) decommitted from Oregon today, holds an IU offer. https://247sports.com/Player/Jonathan-King-90427

SDE Casey Rogers from Old Farm, CT was offered on the 26th...really interesting OV list (Alabama & OSU-both w/o offers) and Power 5 offers- Nebraska, Vandy, Cal, Rutger, etc. https://247sports.com/player/casey-rogers-46047416

Really like the Roof transfer as well, I believe his father was the Defense Coordinator at Georgia Tech and moved to NC State earlier in the week...never hurts to have a coach's kid on the sidelines!

@MB_Weaver: Tampa Bay Tech DE @_ballbeastTNDO_ expected to be on campus this weekend visiting #iufb

7 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

@MB_Weaver: Tampa Bay Tech DE @_ballbeastTNDO_ expected to be on campus this weekend visiting #iufb

What's this kids name?.. Just see his Twitter handle