Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IU Football 2018 Recruiting Class

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Why did he sit out the 2017 season?

He messed up shoulder I believe his 16 season. Richt and co said thanks for contributions after 3 years. We want to play this younger kid. You’ll be backup. So he went to rehab. Then has trained this offseason in Orlando I believe (where he trained is where some pros train). If there we’re still questions about his shoulder holding up I doubt the coaches would have saved him a spot. Great get. Mature and played for a good Miami team. 

9 hours ago, lucel15 said:

He messed up shoulder I believe his 16 season. Richt and co said thanks for contributions after 3 years. We want to play this younger kid. You’ll be backup. So he went to rehab. Then has trained this offseason in Orlando I believe (where he trained is where some pros train). If there we’re still questions about his shoulder holding up I doubt the coaches would have saved him a spot. Great get. Mature and played for a good Miami team. 

Brings a winners mindset to the locker room.

And this is from a 2015 game. Seems to have good footwork and holds ground really well with bull rushes. I like the upgrade whether he plays C or guard I’ll be happy he can mentor our young oline 

and im and idiot and forgot to add video. Sorry it’s been a long week

Another announcement to make if anyone is wondering about LB prospects for the upcoming seasons. Look at the Indiana football page on twitter. They posted a video on cam jones one of our signees. He’s a tidbit from it if you don’t have Twitter. “Over his final two seasons he had 160 tackles, 60 of those for loss, 34 sacks, 5ints, and 3 forced fumbles with 2 recoveries.”

It’s official ballou is at IU. Great get. He took me from a scrawny freshman WR weighing 145lbs benching 135 to senior year of H.S. getting me up to a healthy 180 and maxing on bench at 295 and squat at 410.  Even though he’s a big weight lifter himself he knows speed as well. He improved the whole teams 40 times.  This is an amazing get for IU. Caton was awesome at what he did but bringing a former IU player. Who has ties to Indiana high schools and coaches and not to mention IMG academy in Florida. Freaking pumped. 

5 hours ago, lucel15 said:

And this is from a 2015 game. Seems to have good footwork and holds ground really well with bull rushes. I like the upgrade whether he plays C or guard I’ll be happy he can mentor our young oline 

How do you think the O-Line will shake out for spring ball?   Spitballing...

LT-Cronk

LG-Martin

C-Linder

RG- Littlejohn/Stepaniak

RT-Knight

2 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

How do you think the O-Line will shake out for spring ball?   Spitballing...

LT-Cronk

LG-Martin

C-Linder

RG- Littlejohn/Stepaniak

RT-Knight

I think you’re correct. I would like to see stepaniak win that job. Nothing against littleJohn. I just think his strength is there as he had it coming into school. And I think he excels this offeseason. 

Osterman - Indpls. Star.

BLOOMINGTON -- Indiana football filled its vacant head strength and conditioning coach position Thursday with a program alumnus, as David Ballou replaces Keith Caton. 

"David Ballou is one of the more highly-respected strength coaches in the country," IU coach Tom Allen said in a news release. "I have known him for many years and have followed his work at both the high school and collegiate levels. We are looking forward to him working with our program and helping us achieve our goals on and off the field."

Most recently of Notre Dame's strength staff, Ballou lettered at fullback with IU in 1997-99. He also worked at Avon for more than a decade, and spent time training athletes at IMG Academy in Florida. 

"It's great to come back home," Ballou said. "I have loved this university and football program for as long as I can remember. It's very special to me. I could not be more excited to get a chance to work for coach Allen, a man of high integrity and a great person. I am committed to helping this program win football games consistently, year after year, and winning a Big Ten championship."

According to the release, during his time at IMG, Ballou helped players make significant gains in performance and durability.  

"In 2016, seven IMG players were laser-timed at under 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash one year after having no players achieve that benchmark," the release said. "Twenty-one of the 22 season-opening starters also started in the final game of the season."

Ballou's hiring fills one of two open positions on IU's staff. The Hoosiers may hire a 10th assistant coach, per an NCAA rules change, as soon as next week.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Osterman - Indpls. Star.

BLOOMINGTON -- Indiana football filled its vacant head strength and conditioning coach position Thursday with a program alumnus, as David Ballou replaces Keith Caton. 

"David Ballou is one of the more highly-respected strength coaches in the country," IU coach Tom Allen said in a news release. "I have known him for many years and have followed his work at both the high school and collegiate levels. We are looking forward to him working with our program and helping us achieve our goals on and off the field."

Most recently of Notre Dame's strength staff, Ballou lettered at fullback with IU in 1997-99. He also worked at Avon for more than a decade, and spent time training athletes at IMG Academy in Florida. 

"It's great to come back home," Ballou said. "I have loved this university and football program for as long as I can remember. It's very special to me. I could not be more excited to get a chance to work for coach Allen, a man of high integrity and a great person. I am committed to helping this program win football games consistently, year after year, and winning a Big Ten championship."

According to the release, during his time at IMG, Ballou helped players make significant gains in performance and durability.  

"In 2016, seven IMG players were laser-timed at under 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash one year after having no players achieve that benchmark," the release said. "Twenty-one of the 22 season-opening starters also started in the final game of the season."

Ballou's hiring fills one of two open positions on IU's staff. The Hoosiers may hire a 10th assistant coach, per an NCAA rules change, as soon as next week.

Our assistant has been hired. Maybe just not announced but I know for a fact Kane Wommack has been on campus the past week. Unless something has changed my contact down there has told me he’s been around 

2 hours ago, iuswingman said:

is wommack going to be the DC?  how good is he?  Supposedly is familiar with the defense that Allen brought to IU.

He was a GA at ole miss when Allen was there I believe. He ran the same defensive scheme as Allen while he was at South Alabama and from stats he seems like he was pretty successful implementing it at USA. Allen has mentioned in his press conferences....that this hire will help with defense and special teams...allowing Allen to focus more on prepping and ultimately the offensive game plan. So it looks like Allen has learned that in his first season he must have not spent enough time really prepping on all sides. So good for him. 

Another hire idk how it will be named but he’s joking IU. I looked at his LinkedIn and his job started Jan 1 and he had a tweet today about joining coach Allen and ballou. 

E6E3D4FB-6912-485B-95BA-48A9D5E6A455.png

Osterman - Indpls. Star.

Curious to see if Ballou stays long in college. He has been a guy in demand and friends of the family thought his next move would be to the NFL. Getting back to IU and being close to home should help

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

pLdp8CBg_bigger.jpgZach OstermanVerified account @ZachOsterman
FollowingFollowing @ZachOsterman
More

Allen says IU has room for "two or three" spots left to add either February signees or transfers. #iufb

3:36 PM - 14 Jan 2018

0 replies0 retweets2 likes

Retweet

Direct message

59 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:
pLdp8CBg_bigger.jpgZach OstermanVerified account @ZachOsterman
FollowingFollowing @ZachOsterman
More

Allen says IU has room for "two or three" spots left to add either February signees or transfers. #iufb

3:36 PM - 14 Jan 2018

0 replies0 retweets2 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Bring in "two or three" more grad transfers from Miami and I'm a happy man