Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IU Football 2018 Recruiting Class

17 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

Say what?! lol.

@UCF_Football: Randy Charlton from the 305 is a Knight! He's now the third Southridge Spartan on our roster 

Welp looks like Mama Charlton didn't let him leave the state after all!! Good luck to him at UCF I guess!

31 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

Say what?! lol.

@UCF_Football: Randy Charlton from the 305 is a Knight! He's now the third Southridge Spartan on our roster 

This is ridiculous. I get the fact that the kid is 18 yrs old and it's a big decision. But c'mon you've had months to think this out. Not a good look to literally switch 3 times in 24 hours. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I really do not understand his family "not letting him sign with IU." He's an adult, he's allowed to make his own decisions. They couldn't stop him from signing. 

I believe for a LOI you do have to have a parents signature whether you are an adult or not. I might be wrong but from what I’ve read you do need signature if you’re signing a loi or letter of intent. If you’re 21 you don’t need a parent. 

3 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

I believe for a LOI you do have to have a parents signature whether you are an adult or not. I might be wrong but from what I’ve read you do need signature if you’re signing a loi or letter of intent. If you’re 21 you don’t need a parent. 

Ahh I see. I'm surprised it's required if a kid is 18. Weird situation, I wonder how often this has happened. 

12 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

This is correct.

19 hours ago, lucel15 said:

For everyone that doesn’t know or doesn’t get the 3 school ordeal... it’s ben mentioned above. If you are subscribed to peegs you know what’s going on. If I take heat for telling information that paid subscribers only get then so be it and I’ll talk to Matt Weaver myself. But this is not on the kid whatsoever. This is on the mom. He has wanted to commit to Iu since the summer. He wanted to commit on his official. And he was going to announce Iu as his first school on signing day but his mother and family said otherwise. She supposedly finally was okay with her kid going out of state. But morning of signing she said nah. Fiu. Which is why you never saw fiu post anything...he never submitted his own paper work. Word is he talked and talked with family that he wants to be at IU. So that’s when he committed. It was thought that today he was going to get papers in as he is early enrolle. Well that is not the case supposedly...obviously...so do not hate on this kid. It is not his fault. He wants to be a Hoosier but family said nope. And before you say stick up for yourself....kid....he tried and it’s easy for us to say that as we are not his parents and we are fans. However this is an awful situation and I would really not like to see harsh words towards this kid as in his heart he truly wanted to be a Hoosier. I wish him nothing but the best and feel bad for him. And honestly for his mother as she is holding her son back from going to his dream school...thank you female version of lavar ball. 

If that's the case then shame on her. Very selfish. Let your kid go where he wants. He earned it and be a proud parent that you helped get him there but don't get in the way of his decision. 

3 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

If that's the case then shame on her. Very selfish. Let your kid go where he wants. He earned it and be a proud parent that you helped get him there but don't get in the way of his decision. 

Oh it was definitely her. Words from the kid and then someone found her Facebook page and she had a post and let’s just say she’s crazy. Like psycho. 

Oh it was definitely her. Words from the kid and then someone found her Facebook page and she had a post and let’s just say she’s crazy. Like psycho. 

Nothing personal, but the kid is not a program changer and I’d just assume we avoided the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Nothing personal, but the kid is not a program changer and I’d just assume we avoided the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe, maybe not we won’t know now. I agree we avoided a possible distraction. To say he’s not a program changer. Eh whatever. Nobody knows until 2-3 years later down the road. Nobody knew Tevin would start rbu... But he is a pass rusher and played well in H.S. and has size. So good luck to him. Hope he is a program or position record holder at UCF.