Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Fort Wayne - 12/18 @ 8:00 E.T.

I don't care who's players they are That loss is completely unacceptable and flat out embarrassing. I am not going to rationalize any of these losses. The team needs to be held accountable.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

What would you like to do about it? Firing the starting 5? Ok.

Freddie, Smith, Moore, Priller, and CuJo you’re up! Curtis? CURTIS? Has anyone seen Curtis?!

Archie has the team he has, and it’s not great. Get ready for a bumpy year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What would you like to do about it? Firing the starting 5? Ok. 
Freddie, Smith, Moore, Priller, and CuJo you’re up! Curtis? CURTIS? Has anyone seen Curtis?!

Archie has the team he has, and it’s not great. Get ready for a bumpy year.

I am but I can still be incredibly frustrated by being embarrassed at home by 20 to Fort Wayne. I'm not going to be unicorns and rainbows after games like that.

I don't care who's players they are
That loss is completely unacceptable and flat out embarrassing. I am not going to rationalize any of these losses. The team needs to be held accountable.

Of course it’s unacceptable. No need to rationalize any loss. In college basketball the most talented team doesn’t always win (one of the many reasons I love college basketball) Every night I watch a team that has no business winning pull off a win unfortunately for me in this case it happened to IU. Every High major team that loses a buy game is unacceptable but when you have been as inconsistent as IU has been as a program you are going to be vulnerable for an upset. Doesn’t mean I have to like it but it happens almost every night. Jon Rothstein tweets the same thing after every High major loses a buy game. High Major loses a buy game the epitome of brutality.

I say we play ISU, IPFW, Ball State and Valpo every year until we can consistently beat them. I don't care that it's the other teams "Super Bowl." You should be able, no matter what, to beat a team hungry to get a signature win against a storied program like IU. 

31 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

You would not think so. We have three seniors out there for crying out loud.

Perhaps  CAM needs to pull out the "No Hopping" bunny signs from last year.  Those always worked so well.

Here's a thought.  We should start doing prediction threads for how many laughably wide open shots we'll allow.
Can't be a drinking game because people would be dead by the first TV timeout.
We'd be drunk by the 2nd tv timeout.

59 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Newkirk and RoJo tandem is a lost cause

Why point fingers?  We have a full roster of role players, many of whom could perform very well on a squad with one or more strong leaders.  The lack of leadership is on Crean.  It hurt us last year and continues to do so.

11 minutes ago, triple said:

Why point fingers?  We have a full roster of role players, many of whom could perform very well on a squad with one or more strong leaders.  The lack of leadership is on Crean.  It hurt us last year and continues to do so.

Crean is not the reason IU lost to Fort Wayne last night

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Crean is not the reason IU lost to Fort Wayne last night

Who is to blame then? If players need a coach to hype them up to play then that's on them. Crean recruited these guys. McRoberts was about the only kid who looked like he wanted to be out there at times last night.