Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) SG Alex Hemenway to Clemson

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

2019 Castle SG Alex Hemenway to visit IUBB this week. 

He's a Hoosier in the making if he's good enough.

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Aaron Henry is attracting more and more attention from major conference teams. #iubb called him Thursday.

inbasketballsource.com/recruiting-new…
@inbballsource

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Here's a must watch to get a recent sense of two potential new IU recruits in a game setting. It will also remind y'all just how fantastic Indiana High School basketball is.

It's the two months ago state semi-final showdown between Castle, featuring Jack Nunge ('17 Iowa), #22 in the black uniform, and a very impressive Alex Hemenway ('19, maybe IU), #12 in black, versus Ben Davis, featuring Aaron Henry ('18, maybe IU), #50 in white.

Enjoy!

Here's a must watch to get a recent sense of two potential new IU recruits in a game setting. It will also remind y'all just how fantastic Indiana High School basketball is.
It's the two months ago state semi-final showdown between Castle, featuring Jack Nunge ('17 Iowa), #22 in the black uniform, and a very impressive Alex Hemenway ('19, maybe IU), #12 in black, versus Ben Davis, featuring Aaron Henry ('18, maybe IU), #50 in white.
Enjoy!

[/url]  

Great game I watched it live. Indiana high school basketball at its finest

From the games I saw Henry play in he kept improving from year to year and game to game. He has worked himself into a position where bigger schools have gotten involved or will become involved in his recruitment. Hemenway i only saw play twice last year and didn't get a good feel for him. At the time I thought he was a senior with Nunge. He hit some big threes to get them back in the game in the 4th but Nunge was the stud for castle in that game.

6 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Who is this Alex Hemenway kid that Rabjohns has been tweeting about? What class is his? I know he is a guard but I haven't heard much at all about this kid and now he visited yesterday. I know he is a Castleton kid so I'm hoping someone on here knows more than I do. 

He's a 6'3"  '19 SG from Castle HS in Newburgh, IN.  I know he's been on campus a couple of times.  In his 2 seasons of HS ball (53 games) he's averaged 11.6 PPG; 3 assists and 3 reb.  Castle HS is the school that produced Iowa freshman Jack Nunge.  Plays on the Pocket City AAU team so AAU stats aren't readily available.  About all I can tell you.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

He's a 6'3"  '19 SG from Castle HS in Newburgh, IN.  I know he's been on campus a couple of times.  In his 2 seasons of HS ball (53 games) he's averaged 11.6 PPG; 3 assists and 3 reb.  Castle HS is the school that produced Iowa freshman Jack Nunge.  Plays on the Pocket City AAU team so AAU stats aren't readily available.  About all I can tell you.

I don't think we'll ever offer him. Just a guy to keep tabs on if we miss on a lot of our other targets.

He played on the same Indiana Elite team as Jeremiah Francis. Hopefully that helps with AAU stats, but idk what kind of stats the Adidas circuit puts out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Preferred Walk-on maybe?

1 hour ago, HoosierD said:

He played on the same Indiana Elite team as Jeremiah Francis. Hopefully that helps with AAU stats, but idk what kind of stats the Adidas circuit puts out.

Not really as that team doesn't play in the Gold Division on the Adidas circuit.

Preferred Walk-on maybe?

He already has a scholly offer from Creighton with 2 more years of high school. No chance he plays anywhere as a walk on. Plenty of high majors are showing enough interest him now after his play in July that it would be a safe bet he won't end up a walk on. Definitely someone for staff to keep an eye on. He will be playing in first game of the tipoff classic at Southport for those interested

He already has a scholly offer from Creighton with 2 more years of high school. No chance he plays anywhere as a walk on. Plenty of high majors are showing enough interest him now after his play in July that it would be a safe bet he won't end up a walk on. Definitely someone for staff to keep an eye on. He will be playing in first game of the tipoff classic at Southport for those interested

Agree. I saw him at the Seymour regional last year and thought he was the second best player on the court in that championship game, behind Romeo. I think Nunge will end up being pretty good at Iowa, but this kid is going to make an impact wherever he goes for all 4 years.

Agree. I saw him at the Seymour regional last year and thought he was the second best player on the court in that championship game, behind Romeo. I think Nunge will end up being pretty good at Iowa, but this kid is going to make an impact wherever he goes for all 4 years.

That was the morning game. They played Ben Davis in the final of that regional. Nunge was a beast in the final 32 and 13)and was the best player on the court against Henry. Ben Davis had no answer for him. Alex had a solid game as well. He had 21

That was the morning game. They played Ben Davis in the final of that regional. Nunge was a beast in the final and was the best player on the court against Henry. Ben Davis had no answer for him. Alex had a solid game as well. Both scored over 30 I believe

I believe that was the semi-state game. Regional had New Albany, Castle, Bloomington South, and Center Grove. If you live in southern Indiana and can make the trip to Seymour, that is a day full of good basketball almost every year.

Regardless of all that, the kid can really play and I would not be surprised to see him get an IU offer.

I believe that was the semi-state game. Regional had New Albany, Castle, Bloomington South, and Center Grove. If you live in southern Indiana and can make the trip to Seymour, that is a day full of good basketball almost every year.

Regardless of all that, the kid can really play and I would not be surprised to see him get an IU offer.

Didn't realize Seymour hosted both the regional and semi state I just thought they hosted the semi state. I miss the days when the semi state had more than 1 game

14 minutes ago, HoosierD said:

I'll echo that sentiment. Seymour usually hosts Sectionals, Regionals and Semi-State, if I am not mistaken. It's always a good regional, particularly last year. 

I'll never forget watching Center Grove come out of the tip with something like a triangle and two defense... using the "two" to double-team Romeo and deny him the ball. Not sure if I remember ever seeing something quite like that. Didn't last long though... Romeo had a slam within the first several minutes of the game, if I remember correctly. I think they switched off the double-team by that point. But I admire the Center Grove coaching staff for trying something different. Romeo is just an ELITE level talent.

I also remember leaving impressed by Trayce Jackson-Davis. Didn't know much about him before,  but you could tell he was a high-level player, especially for a sophomore. New Albany couldn't do much to stop him.

Never was overly impressed with Nunge from what I saw, but you can tell he has talent. Hemingway looked good, too. Still think it's a little too early to project how good he's going to be.