Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB @ West Palm Invite - 12/17 & 12/18

23 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

IU 13-11 end of 1. Nice stream but no volume and the scoreboard is about a possession ahead of the game.

Thanks for the confirmation on the volume.  I've been trying to determine if it was my computer or a problem with the stream.  

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Anyone else think Moren should be out if we miss the tourney again?

Not me.  I am not a fan of breaking contracts, but also,I like what's coming in, and what could happen next year.  Not thrilled with the season so far but not ready to cut ties

My concern stems from her contract having only two seasons left after this one. I don't want to see a scenario where she gets an extension and then we suck next year with Buss and Cahill gone. Her transfer rate is ridiculous and we've lost some pretty good players under her watch.

Also, something to keep an eye on...Sharon Versyp is wearing out her welcome in West Lafayette. They've lost at home to two MAC schools and don't have much momentum right now. I don't want this to be like football where they go out and find someone who starts to breathe life back into their program while we sit in mediocrity.

My concern stems from her contract having only two seasons left after this one. I don't want to see a scenario where she gets an extension and then we suck next year with Buss and Cahill gone. Her transfer rate is ridiculous and we've lost some pretty good players under her watch.

Also, something to keep an eye on...Sharon Versyp is wearing out her welcome in West Lafayette. They've lost at home to two MAC schools and don't have much momentum right now. I don't want this to be like football where they go out and find someone who starts to breathe life back into their program while we sit in mediocrity.

I definitely understand that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There has been too much talent leaving this program and the staff's answer is always simply that they weren't good enough.. not true. Tia, Ria, Danielle, and laken (all moren recruits) all quit the team at the beginning of the summer along with foresman (miller) but they convinced the girls to announce one at a time so it wouldn't look like what it was--a SECOND mass exodus under CTM. If you look at what happened at Loyola Chicago with sheryl swoopes you will understand what is happening at iu.

Taylor agler (miller)
Larryn brooks (miller)
Liz stratman (miller)
Maura Muensterman (miller)
Clair jacibucek (miller)
Lyndsey leikem (miller)
Victoria kemokai (moren)
Laken wairau (moren)
Ria gulley (moren)
Jess walter (miller)
Tia Elbert (moren)
Danielle Williams (moren)
Darby Foresman (miller)

I could make a team out of this group that would average over 70 ppg

My guesses for who leaves after this season from most to least likely:

Warthen
Johnson
Wickware
Marchese
Yeaney

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

There has been too much talent leaving this program and the staff's answer is always simply that they weren't good enough.. not true. Tia, Ria, Danielle, and laken (all moren recruits) all quit the team at the beginning of the summer along with foresman (miller) but they convinced the girls to announce one at a time so it wouldn't look like what it was--a SECOND mass exodus under CTM. If you look at what happened at Loyola Chicago with sheryl swoopes you will understand what is happening at iu.

Taylor agler (miller)
Larryn brooks (miller)
Liz stratman (miller)
Maura Muensterman (miller)
Clair jacibucek (miller)
Lyndsey leikem (miller)
Victoria kemokai (moren)
Laken wairau (moren)
Ria gulley (moren)
Jess walter (miller)
Tia Elbert (moren)
Danielle Williams (moren)
Darby Foresman (miller)

I could make a team out of this group that would average over 70 ppg

My guesses for who leaves after this season from most to least likely:

Warthen
Johnson
Wickware
Marchese
Yeaney

Can u PM me or share here why u think the turnover is so high?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Can u PM me or share here why u think the turnover is so high?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I just don't think the players are being treated well. The staff likes to play head games, doesnt develop talent well, and wastes the eligibility of talented players (elbert) and one or two players are "chosen" by moren and are put on a pedestal, while the others are essentially turned against each other to fight over bench minutes. It's always all love at the beginning of the season and by the end of the season people are pushed to their mental limits. I just don't think it's worth it in the end to these kids..they like the gear and the travel and free school but to deal with all the bs and still be mediocre at the end of the day..