Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mdn82

Three Year Rebuild?

I predict we win tomorrow and start the build the rest of this season make the tournament and put this thread to rest

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

That is a pretty bold prediction given we cannot defend the three and notre dame is a top 10 team. Look I'd love us to win but you cannot beat top ten teams when you give up wide open three pointers. We may stay close for a half but they will wear us down in the 2nd half. We are not good enough to beat top ten teams yet. Defense is to soft.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think we play well but I'd bet you Brey has had this game circled on his calender all year.  He will have the Irish playing its best game of the year unfortunately. 
You are correct. Its amazing how good his teams have been the last few years.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

On IU’s 15 turnovers in that game: “Probably four happened in the last few minutes and a couple were pick-sixes. Realistically, we probably played 38 minutes under 12, 13 turnovers. We had a couple at the end that weren’t very good. That’s where it’s gonna have to come to grips with our guards. Those guys have to step up and understand that the last four minutes, there’s nothing more important than taking care of the ball. Not running our offense has been costing us some games, not playing well down the stretch.” - CAM
On IU’s ability to reduce turnovers this season: “I think there’s an emphasis every day in practice. There’s a penalty for turning the ball over. We only give our (players) seven turnovers a practice per team, red and white, then they gotta run. You’re putting pressure on them daily to do it. … The other thing is just understanding how we want to play — what’s a good shot, what’s a good read?” - CAM
It never gets old hearing these type of quotes. I guess after 8 years of "coach speak" I can't get enough of on the point analysis and accountability of what needs to be changed to win. 

...just need to get the deflections up. "Deflections wins you championships...not defense!"
-Tom Crean (probably)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

They panicked in the first game of the season.... It's really easy to see why other fan bases can't stand ours and it's not because they're peanut butter and jealous. 

I can't even stand us most of the time