Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Next Year's Guard Rotation

I think we are fine as we sit right now for next year, still plenty of time to add to the roster. There is playing time available and scholarships to go around. If I’m a quality guard I have to take a hard look at IU. I fully expect Archie to go out and get Romeo, a grad transfer, or quality JUCO transfer SG. 

Landing Langford is key, but it doesn't look so great right now. Our depth for next year at the guard position is concerning for sure. Like noted, grad transfers, decommits, could all occur. 
If we land Langford, a..

RP / Green
Langford / Anderson 

doesn't look so bad. 

Durham?

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

On December 11, 2017 at 4:58 PM, AKHoosier said:

The issue is neither Hunter or Anderson have the handle to be a guard, so calling them shooting guards is a stretch.  That backcourt just doesn't scream 'top 5 of the B1G' to me.

If we get Langford then that will change a lot of things, but we can't count on that right now.

no unless we get Romeo our backcourt will be the issue. If we keep Morgan though and Davis can become at least consistent at some level our front court should be good.  Assuming some growth from the freshmen. 

RL and a returning bulk could give us hope and hype for next season. I'm not as sold on Durham as others as I think he is a smart guard with lesser capabilities. I still think Green offers more upside but more downside.

CAM is proving to know what he is doing and riding guys who are playing well. Giving minutes to those who deserve it, etc. And that is so refreshing win or lose.

I get the feeling CAM is 'auditioning' for Langford. I hope they like what they see.

I also wonder how many other transfers we see with a tight rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

RL and a returning bulk could give us hope and hype for next season. I'm not as sold on Durham as others as I think he is a smart guard with lesser capabilities. I still think Green offers more upside but more downside.

CAM is proving to know what he is doing and riding guys who are playing well. Giving minutes to those who deserve it, etc. And that is so refreshing win or lose.

I get the feeling CAM is 'auditioning' for Langford. I hope they like what they see.

This.  Over the past few games CAM has stayed with an 8-man rotation for the most part (scraps for the 9th and 10th men off the bench), as we think to next year you have Durham, Green, McRoberts, Morgan, and Davis  as rotation fixtures with Smith, Moore and the Frosh fighting for the final three rotation spots.  

I could see a situation where we take 1-2 (depending on RL) Grad Transfers for '18 for added experience and ball handling depending on CAM's expectations for the Frosh and the development of Smith & Moore.

They can both pick up a few points a game next year. What we need, however, is one or two true three point threats that can help spread the floor. Outside of Hartman I do not feel very confident when any of the guys put up a three.
Victor went from not being a threat to becoming one. Maybe Al and Green can also develop.

Have you watched anderson? He can flat out shoot

Sent from my SM-G955U using BtownBanners mobile app

On 12/17/2017 at 3:59 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I expect CAM to weed a couple more guys out.

Question: when is Vijay Blackmon eligible to play? I know he had to sit out due to transfer but did he transfer in at last years semester break and if so—is he eligible starting in January or does he have to wait until next season? I know he is a walk-on but Archie shows a willingness to use them when they can help. I am obviously thinking of ways to get a little more 3-point shooting on the floor and if I recall he was a decent long range gunner who once held an Indiana offer under Crean. Maybe he could help some in spots. Blackmons don’t lack in the confidence department. When does he become eligible?

5 hours ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Question: when is Vijay Blackmon eligible to play? I know he had to sit out due to transfer but did he transfer in at last years semester break and if so—is he eligible starting in January or does he have to wait until next season? I know he is a walk-on but Archie shows a willingness to use them when they can help. I am obviously thinking of ways to get a little more 3-point shooting on the floor and if I recall he was a decent long range gunner who once held an Indiana offer under Crean. Maybe he could help some in spots. Blackmons don’t lack in the confidence department. When does he become eligible?

Won't be eligible this season... he joined in May and is being redshirted this season. 

We probably redshirted him to have him here his final years to recruit the youngest Blackmon who is 2021 and a big time recruit. If I’m not mistaken that would put Vijay as senior and the youngest as a freshmen

2 hours ago, Hoosier1984 said:

We probably redshirted him to have him here his final years to recruit the youngest Blackmon who is 2021 and a big time recruit. If I’m not mistaken that would put Vijay as senior and the youngest as a freshmen

NCAA regulations actually