Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Game Thread: IU @ Louisville(University-6)

Our recruits are in the Justin Smith range. He isn't quite ready for big boy ball. Most of them won't be either.

I think next year is a growing pain year again. At least we can focus our anger towards new players.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Next year will be tough.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Our recruits are in the Justin Smith range. He isn't quite ready for big boy ball. Most of them won't be either.

I think next year is a growing pain year again. At least we can focus our anger towards new players. emoji22.pngemoji22.pngemoji22.png

Barring huge player development we won't be good until Archie starts landing some elite talent. Low four stars most likely aren't going to change much, at least for a few years. 

1 minute ago, Ajwhitis said:

This team would be better if Crean was coaching it lol, Archie is the better coach no doubt but this team would have a better record with Crean

Not even close to accurate. Crean ball relied on hitting the 3. This team is a terrible 3 point shooting team. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think next year is a growing pain year again. At least we can focus our anger towards new players. emoji22.pngemoji22.pngemoji22.png

I’m including Romeo in that starting backcourt because he will be in that starting backcourt. And I’d honestly go with Al at this point. That’s worlds better than Newkirk and RoJo

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Al Durham wasn’t even in the Smith range and he is doing fine. The guys coming in seem to have a better skill set than the ones departing. Their will be growing pains but it appears shooting will improve by sheer talent improvement next year. 

5 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Just can’t seem to get over the hump yet—playing them stronger than we did in the Crean era but just not there yet. As soon as a few shots start falling —we will start beating better teams

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don't count on it. You need shooters for shots to fall. We don't have that. 

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

We may not finish 500 so no we would not make the nit

12-15 win season is what I thought after ISU loss. Nothing has changed my mind. It’s jist where the talent is at right now. 

4 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

This team would be better if Crean was coaching it lol, Archie is the better coach no doubt but this team would have a better record with Crean

I doubt that. Crean relied on 3's and this team sucks at it. Plus, Crean didn't believe in defense. This team would be like 2013 if he were coaching. Unbearable to watch. 

Al Durham wasn’t even in the Smith range and he is doing fine. The guys coming in seem to have a better skill set than the ones departing. Their will be growing pains but it appears shooting will improve by sheer talent improvement next year. 

Doing fine versus being good enough to beat high major teams are 2 different things.

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

About right 7-11 best case in conference.

Once I saw the reality of the situations Archie inherited, I decided not to get caught up in wins and losses. I’m more interested in overall team improvement. Even in these losses, I’ve seen progress. The offensive system is getting open shots, getting to the FT line, limiting turnovers. The Packline defense is a top notch defense but Archie said it will take a 3 years for it to be at its optimum level.