Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUsafety

(2021) SG Pierce Thomas to Butler

Since there may be some IU interest, probably a good time to start providing some stats for him.  Fortunately, Brownsburg HS is a faithful submitter of game info to MaxPreps.  

18-'19 Season   Pts. FG 3's FT Reb Asst Stls TO
North Central W 15 6-10 1-3 2-2 10 5 0 3
Indpls. Attucks L 13 4-7 2-2 6-10 7 3 1 1
Franklin Central W 14 5-14 0-3 4-5 7 5 2 1
La Lumiere L 12 4-13 1-6 3-4 2 5 4 1
New Castle W 9 4-9 1-5 0-2 5 3 2 3
Avon W 3 1-8 0-3 1-2 3 3 2 3
Ben Davis W 12 5-10 2-5 1-2 1 3 1 1
FW Snider W 6 2-7 0-3 2-2 2 4 2 3
Southport L 0  0-6 0-4 0-0 1 2 0 3
Danville W 10 5-8 0-0 0-0 4 4 1 2
Plainfield W 20 6-8 4-4 4-6 6 4 1 3
Avon W 18 6-13 1-4 5-6 6 4 2 2
Fishers W 8 2-5 1-2 3-4 3 7 2 2

Brownsburg scored 24 points in the final quarter to pull away for a 62-56 win over Center Grove.  Thomas scored 10 of his points in the final period to finish with 20.  Thomas hit 4 3's in the game and Center Grove coach Hahn was quoted post-game that Thomas was only a 27% 3-point shooter on the season.

Is he a legit small forward or does he have handles to play the guard position as well? 6’5” is a bit on the smaller side for college forwards these days, but from what few videos I’ve seen he seems to play more like a guard. What he lacks in height he makes up for in hops though. I’m sure there’s a chance he’ll continue to grow, too. I’m just curious if he handles the ball at all for Brownsburg or if he plays a more typical small forward position. 

Is he a legit small forward or does he have handles to play the guard position as well? 6’5” is a bit on the smaller side for college forwards these days, but from what few videos I’ve seen he seems to play more like a guard. What he lacks in height he makes up for in hops though. I’m sure there’s a chance he’ll continue to grow, too. I’m just curious if he handles the ball at all for Brownsburg or if he plays a more typical small forward position. 

He does handle the ball but his handles need to improve so he can slice his way to the basket more.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 2/27/2019 at 7:29 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Old adage that it's tough to beat a team 3 times in a season.  Having beaten Plainfield twice in the regular season by 20+ points, tonight Brownsburg was beaten by Plainfield 46 - 43 and Pierce Thomas' season is over.   Thomas finished with 8 pts.

Statistically speaking, a team is much more likely to beat a team 3 times than they are to lose the 3rd game. It sounds off but it’s the truth. At the NCAA div 1 level, the team that won the first two games, has won close to 70% of the games when matched up a third time. Crazy. We beat MSU on Friday. Mark it down. 

38 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Statistically speaking, a team is much more likely to beat a team 3 times than they are to lose the 3rd game. It sounds off but it’s the truth. At the NCAA div 1 level, the team that won the first two games, has won close to 70% of the games when matched up a third time. Crazy. We beat MSU on Friday. Mark it down. 

While these stats are true. I would wonder about the numbers when it’s the underdog winning the first 2

Indy Star -

BLOOMINGTON – In modern sports culture, teens play basketball all summer and basically could not tell you the difference between field and track.

That is not Pierce Thomas.

He loves basketball. He is talented in the long jump. If someone ever told him he could not do both, he rejected the message.

“I just love to compete,” the Brownsburg multisport athlete said. “When you’re good at something – which I was gifted by God – I worked at it. I love being around these guys.”

At Friday’s state meet, Thomas became the third sophomore in 42 years to win the long jump. His distance of 23 feet, 11 ½ inches beat runner-up Tayson Parker of Northwestern. Parker, also a touted hoops, jumped 23-10 for second.

Thomas later finished eighth in the 200 meters in 22.14.

He finished third at state as a freshman and ranked third after regionals. But, taking a cue from basketball, he said rankings do not matter.

“I knew what I was capable of doing, and practiced what needed to be practiced,” Thomas said. “Really, I don’t think I’ve reached my full potential in doing that yet.”

Thomas is ranked No. 4 among Indiana prospects in the 2021 class by IndyStar and 96th nationally by 247 Sports. He is coming off a season in which he averaged 9.4 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4.1 steals a game.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Indy Star -

BLOOMINGTON – In modern sports culture, teens play basketball all summer and basically could not tell you the difference between field and track.

That is not Pierce Thomas.

He loves basketball. He is talented in the long jump. If someone ever told him he could not do both, he rejected the message.

“I just love to compete,” the Brownsburg multisport athlete said. “When you’re good at something – which I was gifted by God – I worked at it. I love being around these guys.”

At Friday’s state meet, Thomas became the third sophomore in 42 years to win the long jump. His distance of 23 feet, 11 ½ inches beat runner-up Tayson Parker of Northwestern. Parker, also a touted hoops, jumped 23-10 for second.

Thomas later finished eighth in the 200 meters in 22.14.

He finished third at state as a freshman and ranked third after regionals. But, taking a cue from basketball, he said rankings do not matter.

“I knew what I was capable of doing, and practiced what needed to be practiced,” Thomas said. “Really, I don’t think I’ve reached my full potential in doing that yet.”

Thomas is ranked No. 4 among Indiana prospects in the 2021 class by IndyStar and 96th nationally by 247 Sports. He is coming off a season in which he averaged 9.4 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4.1 steals a game.

Man Crean would have been drooling over this kid. Imagine the DMs he would have sent.