Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Post Game Discussion : Indiana 55 vs Michigan 69

It looks like we are really not well suited to go against teams that excel at 3-pt shooting (or have an exceptional night from beyond the arc).  Beilein's teams have always shot the 3, so I guess the result was predictable.

Despite the most optimistic hopes, we ARE in a rebuild.  New system and players that just aren't that good.  While I would be happy as hell to get Romeo L., he'll likely only be here for 1 season.  We need players.  Period.  That won't begin to change until next season, but I still expect to see improvement (and disappointment) throughout this season.

1 hour ago, Me So Hornsby said:

We may not be good, but we also arent bad. This team losing their first B1G game on the road is not that surprising. We play better pick and roll defense and feed the post instead of taking garbage jumpers and who knows what happens. This team is growing and is learning. There are gonna be bumps. But its always the sky falling when something doesnt go right. 

And, had this big ten road game been at it's usual time we would be 5 or 6 more games of understanding and growing before we played it.

You know that team that beat Kentucky, the one with Cody and Vic and Watford and Hulls etc? They were 12-0 and then LOST THEIR FIRST BIGTEN GAME BY 15.

Wisconsin does not play the pack line. I know. I live 3 minutes from The hall of calls. I’ve been to 30+ games there in 5 years. Not once have they employed the pack line. How many you been to? Listen, I understand your frustration with me and I love that you are defending Archie. Want me to call it a pack line and get behind it? Fine. Next game, if they can cut it in half, get defenders within say...10 feet of the shooter, I’ll get behind it. If not, it’s the “I hope he doesn’t make it” defense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My bad. More of “created at Wisconsin”. I should have put that in cause that is what it was under old Bennett and stayed for a period after he left. Like when Knight had the motion. Everyone had variations. Trust me when I say it is not my intentions to defend him to you or anyone because it would be pretty idiotic to ***** about where things are at this point. I didn’t think we were to that point yet. As for the Wisky dig? Congrats? Go to more Wisconsin games I am an IU fan, I don’t care where your fandom is?

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe, but probably not.

Garland and Shittu offer higher end talent to play with than IU can offer. Sadly.

Higher end? Maybe, but I guarantee our entire team is way more talented next year than the entire Vandy team is going to be. They are losing their three best players from a team that is currently 3-4

Higher end? Maybe, but I guarantee our entire team is way more talented next year than the entire Vandy team is going to be. They are losing their three best players from a team that is currently 3-4

In the LeBron James era of basketball, the big 3 is trendy and seems to work. Take 3 very high caliber players and surround with role players works.

That is what Drew is telling him and it's appealing.

9 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

They will still get smoked by UK

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

In the LeBron James era of basketball, the big 3 is trendy and seems to work. Take 3 very high caliber players and surround with role players works.

That is what Drew is telling him and it's appealing.

And its a good pitch for him to use, because his team as a whole wont be as talented.

Disappointing performance today —but not a huge surprise for the first true road game. I remember getting smoked quite a few times early in the year in the Knight era on the road only to come back strong at the end of the year. I’ll take that model like MSU does year after year over the win early and fold late in the season model we have seen recently. This year will be a struggle at times to score but I still think this team can sneak into post-season play. Long term I still like what we are building! Go Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners