Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

dallas44~

De’Ron Davis

Debating with coworker if DD is nba bound after this year.

He’s already 21 as a sophomore. If he continues to improve throughout the year his ceiling won’t be any higher given his age. He literally handled 2 future top 10 picks. He does lack the pure athleticism you typically see in 1st rounders, but that didnt stop Bryant from leaving early and being a 2nd rounder.

Just now, dallas44~ said:

He’s already 21 as a sophomore. If he continues to improve throughout the year his ceiling won’t be any higher given his age. He literally handled 2 future top 10 picks. He does lack the pure athleticism you typically see in 1st rounders, but that didnt stop Bryant from leaving early and being a 2nd rounder.

Don't see it unless he wants to go to Europe. Needs to improve FT's and show consistentcy throughout an entire game. He also has trouble staying on the floor because of fouls and sometimes still conditioning. 

Bryant is a way better athlete than Davis. I could see him going, since these things are difficult to predict and crazier things have happened in terms of leaving early, but I just don't see how he fits into today's NBA. He kind of reminds me of the offensive version of Kendrick Perkins. Perk was excellent on defense and pretty poor offensively, but both are lumbering big men that play below the rim and lack athleticism. 

He's going to have incorporate a consistent 10-12 ft jumper as well. 

Honestly? No chance. He isn’t very athletic and is slow laterally. He would get eaten alive in today’s NBA. I’m not saying that as a knock, it’s just what I see. He’s still a very good college player.

He's not even close to NBA level. Solid post player but that is his only strength. Poor defender and rebounder, can't shoot, fouls constantly. The modern NBA center is the opposite of Davis. Jahlil Okafor, who is basically the much much much better version of Davis, barely ever gets minutes in the NBA. 

He would've had a shot about a decade ago. Not now though, imo. He's the size of a 4 in the NBA and he doesn't have the athleticism to hang with them. He will be a very good college basketball player though and I selfishly hope he is here four years. 

Don't see it unless he wants to go to Europe. Needs to improve FT's and show consistentcy throughout an entire game. He also has trouble staying on the floor because of fouls and sometimes still conditioning. 

The whole FT thing has me perplexed. He shot well from the line last season.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Just because he won't likely get drafted doesn't mean he won't test the waters or even potentially go. 

I don't think he's extremely academically inclined, and the G-League or Europe pay way better than IU (but probably don't pay better than Louisville, Auburn, UK, Arizona, KU, etc, etc).

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Just because he won't likely get drafted doesn't mean he won't test the waters or even potentially go. 

I don't think he's extremely academically inclined, and the G-League or Europe pay way better than IU (but probably don't pay better than Louisville, Auburn, UK, Arizona, KU, etc, etc).

Agree, he'd be stupid not to test the waters and get the feedback. 

5 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

He's not even close to NBA level. Solid post player but that is his only strength. Poor defender and rebounder, can't shoot, fouls constantly. The modern NBA center is the opposite of Davis. Jahlil Okafor, who is basically the much much much better version of Davis, barely ever gets minutes in the NBA. 

I agree with this.

6 hours ago, dallas44~ said:

Whoever says "yes" loses this debate badly.  He did not "handle" 2 future top 10 picks.  He was able to score in the post, but he played just 5 minutes in the first half due to foul trouble (see : slow feet), took just 7 shots compared with 24 for Duke's bigs, and together, Bagley and Carter had 43 points and 22 rebounds.    We all love our own, but De'Ron Davis is not close; nor does he have anything close to the overall game Bryant does.  Bryant runs the floor far better; he is a better shot blocker, a better defender, and he has a jump shot to 22 feet.   Bryant is also a better FT shooter.  I know some NBA guys aren't, but they are all worlds more athletic than Davis is, so DD can't afford THAT weakness, too.    DD is a solid college post player with a ceiling.  He is nowhere close to an NBA forward. Take the "no" in this debate.