Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Game thread : IU vs Iowa - 12/4

The way I see it we need 8 more Big Ten wins and we should finish the season above .500. 

I see 11 winnable games. Games we should be favored on or at worst a 40% shot. Steal 1 of the other 5 and get 7 of those 11. 

Thats assuming we can get 3 out of our next 5. 

Was able to watch the halftime ceremony honoring the 1991-92 team. That team came a year after I graduated, so that group probably was my favorite era of IU hoops. Still think with a healthy Alan Henderson, we win the 1993 NCAA title. ... It's disappointing to me that the old coot still can't get past his petty bitterness and join his former players at these events or at some point come back to IU. Geez, get over it. It's all water under the bridge now! ... Just out of curiosity, anybody know where Greg Graham and Damon Bailey were? 

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Davis FT shooting????
Rojo three point shot?????

What has happened? Both were pretty good last year. Both WAY off.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Mental for both. I would show both film of last year to get the point across. RJ seems to be aiming the ball and I don't know what happened to Davis. He's playing more minutes so it's fatigue related. Both should be shooting much better.

6 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Odd yet fun game to go to. Good crowd. Archie does not like the Priller chants. The last one started right at the and 1 when fans went nuts when he got up. He visibly was mad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's clear that Archie isn't into sideshows like our previous coach was.  He reminds me of RMK but without the insanity of course.

It's clear that Archie isn't into sideshows like our previous coach was.  He reminds me of RMK but without the insanity of course.

Crean was visibly pissed by the Priller stuff last year too haha. He created a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's funny to me how I spend less time watching our coach this year. No incessant pacing, chugging Diet Cokes, checking 3x5 cards, and last but not least clapping. When Arch claps; which I've noticed, it's for a purpose just like his subbing and feeding the post. Man to man defense is a work in progress, but it is refreshing to witness. We need better players and can't change that this year, but we are trending way up. Off topic, where has the Mrs Arch been? Does she even go to the games?

4 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Crean was visibly pissed by the Priller stuff last year too haha. He created a monster.

Don't be surprised if we see no more than 5 minutes of floor time for Priller the rest of the season.  Not that it's Priller fault but I think Archie doesn't get into the whole "everybody gets a participation trophy" mentality.

It's all business and no fluff.  I could see be his reaction that he was totally pissed when Smith missed that inbounds alley-oop.  That drives him bonkers.

The spirit of Tom Crean still haunts our locker room.

The problem with Crean is he thought deflections were the most important defensive stat. It isn't. But I do think it is a useful stat because it means the players are active on defense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

I think it’s all mental with Davis. With Johnson it looks like he’s trying to aim his shot instead of just naturally shooting it. His shot just looks a little different this year. Him kicking his legs when he shoots or his release seems off

In pregame RJ had a nice pace and balance in his shot. During the game you can see him visibly leaning on his shot. Almost like he was trying to create space cause he couldn’t get it off quick enough. Even if nobody was there. To me it looked like the difference between the two was he is rushing his shot and is thinking about it during the game. He hit a high percentage pregame.